Chapter 6

Badboyhalo POV

Even as I trudge home after work, I can't get that fluffy haired boy out of my head.

He had been so instant that he knew me, loved me in our lives. Said we were soulmates, that we woke up together every morning, would have been married one day.

Now, of course I don't have any memory of this boy, but he seemed so insistent, so convinced.

I step into my small, two story house, unable to get to my bed fast enough.

One thing that keeps me thinking though, is the fact that I can't remember anything.

It's not like I can see the face of a different lover I had, there's nothing.

While on the job, I talk to the many different guardian angels, listening to them rant about how their life used to be, about the people they miss.

I've listened to my friend, Quackity, tell me about his family, how much he misses them.

But me? There's nothing.

I've always been sort of aware of the fact, but it's just starting to sink in.

What if he wasn't lying? What if I had known him?

Trying my absolute hardest to fall asleep and forget about the boy, I end up tossing and turning for hours.

Once I finally drift from consciousness, my dreams are plagued with images of him. Fluffy black hair and glowing tan skin.

I can't get the boy out of my head, no matter how hard I try, and in the end, I just rise from my bed.

Grabbing a thick black cloak, I step outside, beginning my short journey to the High Demon's palace.

Despite the lava surrounding me on all sides, I feel a slight chill as I move through the Nether.

It's early in the morning, enough so that I'm the only one outside, which gives me a sense of peace.

Approaching the looming palace, one of the guards steps in front of me, poking their sword to my stomach.

"State your name and purpose." A gruff voice barks.

"Badboyhalo, I urgently need to talk with His Majesty Philza."

The guards glare at me, but open the door anyhow.

"Wait here for an assistant to escort you."

I nod, taking a seat on a plush, red couch.

Only a few moments later does a tall demon with split colored skin come to greet me.

He takes me in with surprise, before motioning for me to follow him.

"You want to see the High Demon, correct?"

I nod, even though he can't see. "That's right. Just wanted to clear some things up."

He remains silent, walking usually fast.

I struggle to keep up, but in a moment, we're in front of huge wooden doors.

I thank the man, knocking a few times until the doors swing open.

At the sight of me, Philza stiffens. "Badboyhalo, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

I dip into a bow, "Your majesty."

After a moment I stand back up, and look him in the eyes. "Something very...odd happened today, and I really wanted to ask you about it, if it isn't a bother of course."