Chapter 12

Badboyhalo POV

It isn't long before Quackity starts to ask questions. He isn't dumb, and we both know that.

He drops by unexpectedly after I'm home from work, knowing my schedule. As much earlier than our shift Skeppy and I are allowed to show up, we have to leave almost immediately for the workers who come after us.

As nice of a day I've just had, I'm exhausted and half asleep when Quackity bursts through my bedroom door. We haven't talked since he started saying all that stuff about angels. Looking over at my flowers, I can say that he could not have been more wrong.

Unfortunately for me, Quackity also sees the flowers. Everyone knows that you could never get that sort of thing from the Nether, and souls don't bring anything with them except the clothes on their back.

"Bad." His voice is low and monotone, I still haven't noticed that he's seen the flowers.

Shifting to look at him, I force a smile. "Hey, Big Q, what's up?"

"Where'd you get those flowers?"

Because I'm delirious and in this moment, just a little bit stupid, I excitedly tell him, "Oh! Skeppy got them for me, aren't they gorgeous?"

Quackity makes a face. "Why was that angel getting you flowers? Are you two like, together or something?"

"No! He was asking me about my other friends, and I told him how I thought you had the prettiest wings, so he said he would get me some flowers the same color. He picked them himself, isn't that sweet?" I gush.

He shrugs. "I guess, what do you mean by 'other friends'? He's just a coworker, right?"

This is about the time my common sense returns to me. "Yeah, he's just a coworker, we barely even talk."

"Good, that's what I thought, you were just...nevermind! Wanna do something, I know you have work tomorrow, but I was hoping-"

I cut him off. "Yeah, we can hang out, but I don't really want to leave the house right now if that's okay with you."

He looks relieved. "Yes! Ok, we can watch a movie or something if you want? Or just chill and talk about life."

Last time we just 'talked' it didn't end well for us. I'm not one to hold a grudge, but I'm definitely still annoyed with Quackity for the hate he has towards someone he's never even met. 

"Let's just watch a movie, you can choose." I mumble, "I'll be down in a second."

"Ok! Don't be too long!" He sings, skipping down the stairs.

For a few minutes, I just continue to lie in my bed, zoning out. Once I hear Quackity shout my name from downstairs, I haul myself up and down into the living room.

Quackity is already reclined on the couch, legs propped up on the automen.

"Yo! I picked a great one today, Baddy, come sit!"

As expected, my friend has chosen a horror film, likely because of the fact that I hate them. Every time I jump or look away, he just grins and fills the room with a wolfish laughter.

By the time the movie is over, I'm practically shoving Quackity out the door, mad at him for absolutely no reason.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

I'm in a dark room, but I can't tell where. It's familiar, but in a way that I can't place my finger on. Of course, it doesn't help that I can barely see.

It's a bedroom, I can say that. Somewhat small and cozy, I can tell it's a well inhabited room.

I can't move, but I'm lying under the king sized but, curled between boxes and forgotten socks. It's like I'm caught in someone else's body, reliving their memory.