Chapter 17

Skeppy POV

I stare at the ceiling, exasperated by the endless thoughts swirling through my head. Bad. Bad. Bad. It's always him, isn't it? When I'm bored or tired or lonely, it's always him that comes swimming back into my mind.

It's both the most wonderful feeling I've ever had, and terrifying at the same time. The fact that someone like him is always on my mind.

It's calming though, sort of like an anchor to pull me through any of my worries. His hair, his smile, his laugh, it's addicting. I can never get enough.

And that's what scares me.

No doubt about it, I'm falling in love. Falling so deep that there's no escape from this endless hole I find myself descending into.

But that's the thing about falling, at some point you have to hit the bottom. Sure, the sensation of flying through the air is amazing and thrilling, but that can't last forever. At some point, I'll hit the ground, at some point the weightless happiness has to end.

It's my fault for not thinking this through before I decided to become close with him, not accounting for the fact that maybe we would get a little too close.

After all, what room is there in this cruel world for an angel and a demon to be together? It's a losing battle on both sides, no matter how much I wish I could change that.

Heaven is supposed to be a paradise, but everyone's different, and one place can't be perfect for everyone. Not in this broken world.

It's almost laughable how long I took to realize it, how long I wondered why my stomach would jump and my cheeks would burn at the mere thought of this pretty boy.

How could I take this long to realize my feelings for someone who I've fallen for so hard?

Maybe it's the fact that being around him turns my brain to mush, makes me unable to form a coherent thought. I can't think about what he is to me without feeling like I've been set on fire, a hot searing fire that tears through me, yet feels so good.

At least I know it now, know how far gone I am, acknowledging why the butterflies swarm me day and night.

It's a realization that I wish I could be happy about, wish I could shout to the entire world, or maybe just to him, because he is my entire world.

But, alas, an angel and a demon aren't meant to be together, and even with all the power in the world, I know, it was never meant to be. And that's what breaks me.

Speaking of Bad, my communicator has been buzzing with messages from him all night, most of which I've replied to, trying to seem as happy as possible, but I've started to get exhausted.

Not by him, god no. Just by myself, by my thoughts and my tears.

Sending Bad a quick message to say I'm going to sleep now, I fling my communicator to the side and try to close my eyes.

After tossing and turning for hours, I finally drift out of consciousness and am engulfed in a new dream.

We're running, running as fast as we can to a location we don't even know yet. It doesn't even matter where we end up, not with our light laughter drifting through the cool night air.

We're careless, free from the normal bonds of life and we're loving it.

It's like we're children again, giggling and running off in the night, sneaking away from everything that holds us down just so we can have a moment of giddiness.

We end up at a park, a field with a basketball court and some dirty benches, illuminated by the street lamps nearby.

I find myself in this dream, feeling completely in control, yet I can't make any choices of my own. Not that it matters, I would never choose to do anything differently.

Loved You In Another Life // A Skephalo Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें