13

Now

"HUH."

Napatingin ako kay Robyn na siyang nakaupo sa harapan ng desk ko. Nakabukas ang laptop at tablet niya, pero nasa phone na hawak ang kanyang atensiyon. She had been busy monitoring what was happening. Inako niya ang pagsuyod sa social media at pagbabasa ng ilang articles at blog posts. May mga pagkakataon na isinuot niya ang headphones para panoorin ang ilang videos.

She would not leave me alone. She promised she would help me navigate this.

"We'll get through this," pangako niya sa tinig na puno ng katiyakan.

Ipinuwesto ko ang sarili ko sa reading nook. Si Robyn ang may hawak ng phone ko. I needed a break from it. Parang lalo akong hindi makakapag-isip kung patuloy kong babasahin ang hindi magagandang nasasabi ng mga tao. I needed to clear my head and calm my emotions.

"'Something happened?" tanong ko.

"They are fast," sabi ni Robyn habang tuon pa rin ang mga mata sa phone. "And they made Joseph Frederik do it so it won't look like a crisis management move. Noah is a dick."

"Ano ang nangyayari?" Tumayo ako at nilapitan ang kaibigan ko. Kinakabahan at natatakot na kaagad ako. I hoped things were not the worst. "Have they released a statement?"

"No, not exactly. Noah put up a story."

"Nakikisawsaw ang gago?"

The original The Sleepwalkers fandom also split when Noah left the band. Most came with him, stating The Sleepwalkers was Noah. Many people had believed then that the band was done. Many people felt sorry for Storm and some were even angry and took Noah's leaving as an ultimate betrayal. Hindi amicable ang paghihiwalay ni Noah at ng banda.

Noah said in one interview that he had to do what was best for himself. He believed being in a band would hold him back. He was better as a solo artist.

And he had been successful as a solo artist. For one album.

Meanwhile, The Sleepwalkers with Roarke soared to stardom. They built another fandom, a very solid following. They could put out the ugliest merch and it would still sell out every time.

Noah was bitter because of that and everyone knew it. Everyone also knew Storm and Noah hated each other and were not on speaking terms. The former vocalist would stir up drama from time to time. He would try to create controversial statements on social media just to stay relevant. Sa loob ng ilang taon ay hindi na gaanong pinapansin nina Storm at Roarke ang lalaki. Hindi na pinapatulan.

Ibinigay sa akin ni Robyn ang phone ko. Noah did put up a story. It was the picture of me and Roarke kissing in New York. Binasa ko ang text na nakalagay sa itaas na bahagi ng photo.

Not the good boy that everyone has made him out to be, eh. Who's gonna save you now, Stormie?

Joseph put up a story with the screenshot of that story with a text that said, "That's his wife, you stupid little shit."

I knew for a fact that Joseph Frederik hated Noah more than anyone, more than Storm. The betrayal extended to him because he treated him like his own son. It was believed Noah used Storm and his dad as a touchstone for his ambition to be famous. He saw the father and son as the shortcut to fame.

Joseph Frederik was a wonderful man. He was still making music and people still loved him. Storm had finally proven himself to be a real talent, not just a nepo baby. They loved Roarke. It took a while, but Joseph took Roarke under his wing. Roarke once said in an interview that he owed his longevity to Joseph. He taught him how to take care of his voice and how to write good music.