50

The prefect and prefect of Jinling arrived in person with their respective yamen servants, and today's farce immediately subsided.

    None of them committed any crimes themselves, at best they were not strict with the law, so naturally they would not act as extreme as magistrate Cai.

    Besides, they were called here by the emperor's golden badge, who knows if His Majesty is around? Even if His Majesty is not here, the Marquis of Xiangyang can't be wrong here. If he tries to cover up at this time, then he really doesn't want this black hat!

    Cai County Magistrate's group of people was quickly brought under control.

    He himself was lifted from the ground in a bundle of hands.

    County magistrate Cai is now ashamed, he just planned to fight with his back, so he dealt with Lord Hou and others right here.

    But he never thought that there are so many people under him, all of them are idiots.

    What's more, I didn't expect that Lord Hou could still fight!

    Of course, the most unexpected thing is why both the Zhizhou and the prefect above me have rushed here?

    The timing is so ingenious, did someone tip off the news? They have always known that this is Xiang Yanghou? ?

    Magistrate Cai couldn't figure it out.

    He couldn't help thinking about the situation.

    He thumped and knelt on the ground, biting himself to death and refusing to admit that he took the opportunity to make trouble, but only said that he wanted to confirm the identity of Lord Hou, and he had no second thoughts about the court.

    But the eyes of the common people are discerning, and there are still so many sensible scholars.

    It is impossible for him to get away with it.

    ——If the two adults, Zhizhou and Zhifu, did not come here in person today, and if Lord Hou was really "invited" back to the yamen by them, maybe in the future, the county magistrate Cai could still argue for himself and say black is white .

    But now the two adults are present in person, and the people and scholars who have relied on have come forward to testify, Cai County Magistrate can hardly argue.

    Deliberately fabricating and framing the imperial court official to cover up his abuse of power, Cai County magistrate did not even care about the ridicule and accusations of many people.

    He kowtowed to Hou Xiangyang in the street to admit his mistake, facing the eyes of all the people on both sides of the Qinhuai River and most of the candidates who came to the Jiangnan Tributary Academy for the exam.

    However, it has not helped.

    County magistrate Cai was taken down and detained for trial, and the two adults who came later simply bowed and stood beside shopkeeper Mei, not even daring to raise their heads.

    There are many people here, and Gu Jingyuan is unwilling to say anything to them.

    He just said: "Since it's a farce, the two adults can go about their business, please go back."

    "Master!" The

    government officials have already started to disperse the surrounding people, and the two adults called out before Gu Jingyuan turned around. over him.

    But facing Gu Jingyuan's questioning question, they looked at each other again, not knowing what to say.

    This time it was the turn of the two to wipe the cold sweat off their foreheads together.