Trente

Tom knew something Avella didn't. There was a dark secret that he knew, that would ruin everything.

He couldn't tell her though. Tom couldn't sleep, so he got up and walked to the bathroom, he managed to steal the pensive from Dippet's office because he wanted to relieve the memory.

He got his wand and took a blue like string out of his head. He grunted and poured it in. The black swirls sunk into the blue substance as he dipped his head in.

He was transported into the grim orphanage where he grew up.

"Everyone welcome a new addition to our orphanage, Miss Avella Verna." The middle aged matron smiled
The little rosy cheeked brunette girl smiled shyly and waved at all the fellow children. They just stared back.

The newcomer was shown to her room, next to another boy, that had a serious face and a slick side part. He didn't know she was there, but her wild self couldn't contain to be silent.

"Hi" the girl said from his door. She leaned against the doorframe

He stared at her. Not uttering a word but merely ignoring her friendly approach. She frowned when he didn't reply.

"What brings you here?" He called out after a while in a rather rude tone

"Well we are both orphans, so I thought I'd make some friends. After all we are family" she walked into his room and sat on his bed, he was by his desk.

"I don't need friends, especially not you. There is no family, it's just in your stupid mind" He coldly answered

"Everyone needs friends. I'm not taking no for an answer. By the way, drop the cold act. I'm Avella, but you can call me Vella." she confidently stuck her hand out for him to shake

He had no choice, it was after all an alliance. She wouldn't let go of him. So he agreed, and shook her warm hand.

"Why are you trying to be like cold to everybody? To me it's like your acting as an absolute fiend known to man"

"You find that this 'fiend' is more than you think. Plus I don't try to act cold, I am cold. So be it." The boy shot back

They were more alike then they thought. Tom liked her company, and even when the other bullied him, Avella was always there. That changed when a strange man called Dumbledore came to visit Tom to offer him a spot at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The duo was ten, he was due to start in September.

"Avella, I've been accepted into a magical school" Tom told her with eager for a response

She was in awe but confused

"A magic school?! There's no such thing! That's only in fairytales." She laughed

"No seriously! But that means I'd be away from you. You're the only person who understands me. Why can't you come to?" He sadly replied

He had grown, over the years, a soft spot just for her. And her only will that side come out.

"We will keep in touch. After all I am something called a muggle, as you say now." she joked

They shared a hug. But when one night fell, a week before Tom was due to leave, he walked into her room and cast the obliviation spell upon her, it pained him to do so, but it was what had to be done.  He had never felt immense sadness in his life. But he never regretted it. She will never remember that they ever crossed paths. Tom Riddle couldn't be in her life anymore.

But after that day, Avella wasn't just Avella. She had been adopted by a man and his wife under the name of Lestrange. They had too obliviated her, so that means all she knew was magic and the Lestrange family. She forgot Tom, and her life at the Orphanage. She forgot who her old self was.

If anybody knew, about Purebloods adopting a muggle, the scandal would be crazy. Especially to such a high profiled family of the Lestrange's.

Avella was brought up a lie. She wasn't pureblood, she wasn't like them, no wonder she stuck out like a sore thumb. They changed her birth certificate. They changed her whole identity.

She was now Avella Lestrange. Avella Verna, was dead.

At Hogwarts, that was when both their worlds had collided once more.

Tom brought his head out from the pensive. He knew her, but she didn't know him. Not who he was.

He didn't want anybody to know he had fallen for a muggle. She thought herself was a Pureblood, that is how she was brought up. No wonder she was so different, never really in her family. She wasn't an actual member, she was a Verna. She wasn't french. Well, nobody knew what she was. As Avella Verna, was no longer in society's system.

A muggle and a pureblood could never be. But did Tom love her so much to be with her, and go against what the word 'wizard' means?

He knew it was her when she first walked in. He knew it was Avella when she referred to him as a 'absolute fiend'.

He knew it was that girl years ago who became someone so close. But felt so far.

She was different, she acted more as a Gryffindor mixed with Hufflepuff. Maybe the sorting hat was confused. After all she had no trace. She was abnormal, and it was abnormal to have a muggle in Slytherin.

Maybe it was a cover up? But how. But Tom knew Professor Dumbledore must've identified Avella by now. She wasn't hard to not remember. She didn't have the Lestrange features, the french features. Which were very strong. She had soft features.

Tom was in a dilemma. An undiscovered muggle, or power?

———————-
Hey all! How are you? Hope you loved this spellbinding chapter with a hint of a twist. Thank you all for reading, I appreciate it. See you next chapter!

——-MINKSSS