Trente cinq

The day of the dance came. The Slytherin girls couldn't wait. Avella, however. Had mixed feelings. She sat at her black but beautifully engraved vanity. Looking helplessly into her reflection. Everything she is doing, everything she had done. She really had nobody, nobody who would love her like in romance stories.

Sad reality. She couldn't let her old self mope inside of her anymore. So she concealed her sadness. The dress wasn't too much on the eyes. There was really no theme to the ball.

But she thought she'd experience this moment with her friends. But here she was, alone. Getting dressed. She thought she'd feel excited, but all she felt was empty.

She wore a simple green dress, not too poofy, with black opera gloves and a pearl choker and ring. Her hair, was in a curly updo, showing off her snake earrings.

She saw the time on the clock, she was running late. So she grabbed the shoes and rushed down the hall. As she was, she tripped over a loose tile on the ground, thankfully her hands saved her but she heard muffled sounds.

The potion room. She stood against the wall, the solemn sound of Tom, and some of his followers.

She got her wand out just incase.

"What if this ruins everything?!" Tom asked his advisors

"It won't! She's a girl! She wouldn't know any different, yeah she is more powerful than you. But c'mon all she wanted is love, vulnerable that fragile bird is." The voice of Rosier rung out

What was he doing? She wanted to listen more.

"I will do it tonight. She will fall inlove with me again, and I will have full power over Avella. But I feel like I am betraying her. If she finds out, I'm done for." Tom sighs heavily

"Just give her the potion! One woman can't be that powerful! The potion will throw her off her game! Do it Tom! If you want to be the most powerful" another voice called out

"Hm. You're right. I'll put it in her firewhiskey. Hopefully that will work. Then everything is set in motion." Tom laughed slightly

Avella, for once felt betrayed. Betrayed by the only person she thought she'd have. I guess her Cinderella story turned into Maleficent's, rapidly.

All the love turned into venomous hate, a hate for Tom Riddle.

But, she concealed herself, she can just be as powerful. She was beyond power.

So she walked to the hall like nothing had happened. Waiting for Tom to come along. As he was trying to spike her a love potion. She kept a close eye on who was aiding everyone the drinks.

Once Tom had entered, Avella saw how beautiful he was. A beautiful tragedy.

His tight black suit, made the whole room whiten down. His quizzical brow examining the room until his eyes landed on Lestrange. Toxic love this was, of the uncommon kind.

He walked forward, asserting his presence and stood next to his infamous partner, Avella Lestrange

Everyone resumed to what they was doing.

"You look...beautiful" he kissed her gloved hand

She pretended to care what he said. I guess this is what he wanted. But not what she wanted.

"May I, have the first dance." He pulled his hand out

"Who said I was dancing" she quizzically replied

Hesitant. He stood upright again. Not uttering a word. Until she took his hand, only for pity, and lead him to the dance floor with all the other couples.

As they were dancing the waltz, she kept the most eye contact she has ever held with him, he sensed something was off, but disregarded it. Halfway through her eyes dangled over the drinks table, where she saw Rosier pour in what looked like a love potion in her fire whiskey. Her eyes were fixated on the drink. Until the dance was finished and everyone clapped.

Tom smiled devilishly and they walked over to their post. He picked up her drink and handed it to her, unaware Avella was two steps ahead of him, it was infiltrated with love potion.

They thought she was stupid. Of course, stupid Avella. She wouldn't know any better? Oh no. They thought wrong about her. She had got more sharp.

"Aren't you going to drink, the firewhiskey is great" he sipped his cup.

"I would love to" she sarcastically replied

She put her plump lips to the rim of the cup, put the corner of her eyes. One side, she saw Tom's eyes widen, the other side, his followers watching with anticipation.

She pretended to drink it, but she quickly threw the spiked substance all in his face. Angrily she put the cup down, picked up her dress and walked out angrily. Everyone stopped to see Tom looked startled drenched in firewhiskey. Everyone also saw Avella walk out. Muttering and whispers surged through everyone, wondering what had happened.

Avella walked up the grand stairs, the anger turning into tears. Until the tears stopped rolling. Maybe she was destined to be alone, all she wanted was love. She wanted someone to love.

Her mascara tinted tears rolled down her cheeks as she looked out into the starry night on the Astronomy tower. Filled with. Light sobs were heard.

Neglected, not taken seriously. Was that all Avella was worth now?

She hung her head, she put her hair down. Until her sobs were broken when she heard footsteps behind her, she swiftly turned around to see Tom's figure in the shadows.

"What do you want! You thought I was stupid did you? I knew you hated it, I was right about you Tom Riddle! You betrayed me! Our love!" She screamed at him

He looked at her blankly. Before replying:

"Where was the love? We were never inlove? You like the idea of love and a partner, I like the idea of power. They're too different." He shook his head

"You're emotionless! I thought we were together, always! Until the end, what about your plans! Everything you said was a lie?"
She came forward, he thought and didn't reply

"I cannot believe you did this to me. But then again it is Tom Riddle. Should've known. Did you think I was that ludicrous! How could you Tom! I've helped you this far, and what have you done for me! I have given everything to you!" She pointed at him spiting her emotions with elements of rage

"I thought you at least felt something for me in your stone heart! I can't believe you betrayed me! I would've never done that to you! I love you! I loved you! Do you understand in your thick mind! I loved you!" She shouted at him, slightly sobbing.

"Look what you've done to me! Like what you did with Lucretia. Threw her away once you've played with her! Like some sort of toy? Is that what we are now? A toy! You're throwing me away along with your dreams! You don't get to make or treat me this way! How could you feel so threatened to spike me? Was I making Tom Riddle feel threat? Was all this just a game to you?" She carried on

He stood there, taking it in. Her eyes glistened with tears. He couldn't believe it. But he felt melancholy. He felt conflicted. A muggle.

She breathed deeply.

"I thought we were for life" she finally said

Tom stood there. Looking at her face.

"You're thoughts were wrong." He exclaimed

"How could you do this to me?! After everything. Spiking me a love potion. Just like your father did with your mother! It's happening again with us! Do you want to be like your mother?! Because you're certainly acting like her trying drugging me!" She pointed out

Fire burned within his eyes. But before anything. She punched him until he was knocked out. Her tear stained face looked down at him. Nothing but hate.

"Burn in hell" she whispered before walking away

That was the end, the end of Tom and Avella's story.

For now.

———-
Heloooo guyss! Hope you loved this chapter see you soon!

——-MINKSSS