Quarante neuf

Regulus, staring at the sullen cave infront of him, the waves ferociously crashing against it. All he thought about, was potentially his last encounter with Noelle, his Elle, his soul.

But he knew what was best. He sighed, and made his way into the darkened cave, it made him shudder, his nerves weren't unnoticed.

Avella knew this was would happen, on this day. Regulus would do the unthinkable. She knows that it could be fatal.

Noelle, who was crying onto her bed, couldn't stop thinking that if Regulus died, her soul would die. There was no breaking it.

Regulus, now cutting his own palm and glazing the rocks, it opened up into what looked like a lake. It was darkened, only the sound of the small waves against the shore was heard, his wand was out. He casted a spell to make him see at least what he needed to. He gained grip of chains, and began to pull. Like Avella told him to. He steadied his breath.

Soon, he found himself on a little wooden boat, it was simple. He clambered out cautiously, walking onto the glass like island, which only beheld some sort of sink, which also looked clear. He looked into it, the ebony liquid stared straight back at him. His reflection shows him looking frightened. He knew what this was.

He looked around, soon, he saw on the side, a shell, in a shape of a bowl. He picked it up and examined it throughly. He sighed, he must not panic. He had to drink it.

He took a dose and the liquid slid in. He put it to his lips. Closed his eyes, he's doing this for a better life. He gulped the liquid down and put the bowl on the side. He gripped the side of the crystallised like sink, he felt himself in intense pain, the liquid stung parts of his throat and burned his insides. He fell over and screamed in agony. His tears were rolling down his porcelain face. His hands shaking.

He felt himself not thinking straight. He scrambled up and downed another dose, screaming like he was on the cruciatus curse. He felt his eyes rolling back, he felt his body, collapse internally. Like he had swallowed poison. It felt as if fire was being fed to him. It had him breathing for life, Voldemort had him submerged in pain.

He quickly drank and drank, screaming and crying. He was a lost cause, he knows it. It felt like he was dying standing up. It felt like he was paralysed.

All he thought about was Noelle. All he wanted was for Noelle to be okay.

Noelle was his life. He kept drinking, he's editing this pain for her. Everything was for her. Regulus needed to do this.

Kreacher popped out of nowhere, he helped Regulus up. And fed him the last of the liquid.

"Arghhhhhh Kreacher! Make it stop! Make it stop!" He shouted in his hoarse voice

Kreacher was concerned and shaken up, he was visibly scared.

"It is done now, master Black" he replied

"Fetch the locket" his show voice called

Kreacher stumbled and got the locket and presented it to Regulus, who stared at it with relief. He felt himself get thirsty. His throat was like a desert.

He let Kreacher keep the locket, and went over to the lake. Unaware of what was inside it.

He got the bowl, and dipped it into the freezing water. As he was retrieving the water a skeletal hand grabbed him pulled him into the water. He was immersed into the darkened water, he couldn't see what it was, but his body went into complete shock. Was he dying? Was he going to die? He held onto life like there was nothing more. The bubbles escaped his breath.

Kreacher went into panic. Somehow Regulus managed to fend Voldemorts inferno off. And clambered back up, panting. His clothes were drenched his hair was ruined.