Four

I run through the woods and look around.

"Hadeki in position," I say through the earpiece. "I see the goal"

"Okay, go!" Kakashi says through the earpiece.

All four of us jump out from the bushes at the one we are trying to capture.

Naruto catches the cat but the cat starts to yowl and scratch at him.

"We got it" I say through the earpiece.

"Good. Confirmation that it has a red bandanna on the right ear" Kakashi asks.

Sasuke replies that it does while the cat tears Naruto apart.

I reach down and take the cat away from him.

I hold the cat in my arms and it calms down.

"I hate cats!" Naruto yells.

"I think the feeling is mutual" I say through a smile.

We walk back to Kakashi who delivers us back to the wonder of the cat.

I hand the cat to the woman and the cat starts to yowl and hiss again.

The woman thanks us profusely as she smothers the cat in kisses and hugs.

We go back to the Hokage who is the one giving us these missions.

Naruto complains that we don't get any good missions and he wants something bigger.

I shrug "I don't mind the missions. I like working as a team"

"I'll give you a C mission instead." Hokage says "That's one rank higher than you're supposed to get. You need to be bodyguards of our visitor"

I raise an eyebrow "Who are we protecting?" I ask.

The door opens and reveals a man who is drinking out of a bottle. He has a hat and a big backpack.

"My name is Tazuna" The man said "You just need to protect me so I can build my bridge!"

My eyes widen and I shift my weight back.

I've heard of this man and none of it is good news.

"Alright! Bodyguards!" Naruto exclaims.

"You're a bridge builder?" Sasuke asks.

Sakura smiles "That must be an important job"

"Where are you from?" I ask in a steady voice.

The man looks at me and says "You're all so bothering. Just shut your traps so we can get going"

I frown as we walk out to get our backpacks.

Only after we walk out of the gate of the town I ask again "Mr Tazuna, where did you say we're going?"

"To the Land of Waves" Tazuna grunts.

I narrow my eyes "And you want protection from robbers and bandits?"

He nods.

I swallow and cross my arms "Right"

I fall to the back of the group and soon Kakashi falls behind with me.

"Is something wrong Hadeki?" Kakashi asks me.

I look up at him and say quietly "I just don't have the right feeling about this."

"Why?" Kakashi asks.

I swallow and look at Tazuna then say "I heard my uncle talking about a master bridge builder once before. He was pretty sure that some people were after him." I look up at him and say "I could be wrong but I think this is the same man uncle was talking about"