Thirteen

So what kind of training did you guys do?” Naruto asks.

Sasuke shoves his face away and says “Just training. Much harder than anything you’ve ever done” Sasuke says.

I close my eyes but when I open them again Sakura stands there. “How come we didn’t get to come? We’re part of your squad!” Sakura says angrily.

I raise an eyebrow “Oh, I thought you wanted to get to know us one on one like you told Sasuke. Sasuke and I just let you and Naruto do that”

Her face grows pink. “Well, that’s not what I meant! You should have let us come! Next time you go training bring us with you!”

I cross my arms and shrug “Sure thing” I say.

She’s quiet and Sasuke looks at me in surprise.

“Wait, really?” She asks in surprise.

I nod “Yeah, if you or Naruto can move that-” I point at a bolder bigger than them and as wide as four of them “Then I guess you can come with us next time”

Sakura and Naruto look at the boulder. Sasuke looks at me and smirks knowingly. I don’t look back at him but can feel a smile tugging at the corner of my lips. They had no idea that that was literally the first part of training.

“Hey no fair!” Naruto yells pointing at us. “That’s way too big for us to move!”

“Yeah, it’s impossible for us to do that,” Sakura complains.

I shrug “Then I guess you can’t train with us. That is one of the things we do”

“No you don’t!” Naruto growls.

Kakashi appears in front of us suddenly and asks “Can you move the boulder?” I look at him and nod. “I see, well maybe you should prove it to them so they don't get the wrong idea."

I think then nod with a smile “Yeah okay. That's fair.”

I walk up to it and put both of my hands on the boulder then push it. The boulder moves a foot before I stop.

"Is that proof enough?” I ask looking back.

Naruto and Sakura’s mouths have dropped open as they stare at me.

Kakashi thumbs me up and says “I think they get the idea”

I pull away and walk back to them.

“Now, this is going to be a quick day for you all.” Kakashi says. “The Chunin exams will be starting soon and I have recommended you three do do it”

Naruto gasps and jumps up hugging Kakashi and swinging around him.

“Oh wow!” Naruto yells “Thank you so much sensei! You’re the best”

Kakashi sets Naruto down and says “Settle down now. You can do the Chunin exams but it’s up to you if you want to or not. Normally rookies like yourselves wait a year or two before they try.”

“You kidding?!” Naruto asks blowing a raspberry “Of course we want to do it”

Kakashi smiles a little “The exams are dangerous but they are also the quickest way to becoming a chunin”

We all nod. “If you chose to then you have to register next week before three pm”

We all nod and Naruto throws an arm around my and Sasuke’s shoulders. “Let’s go get ramen and talk about it!” Naruto excalism happily. 

Sasuke rolls his eyes and I shrug “Sure” I say.

Naruto lets us go and runs off to go find the restaurant. I put my hands in my pockets and walked after him.