Twenty-four

The day of the last test is here.

I have to say, Sasuke could beat Gaara. Kakashi has taught him how to do the Lightning blade and Sasuke actually learned it.

I got to work on my wind manipulation and the last piece of my Jubaku eyes.

We trained since dawn today, trying desperately to perfect our skills.

The day flies by and it seems like we don't have enough time to finish.

I start to wonder when the Chunin Exams are and if we flunked yet or not. I also wonder who I'm going against.

"Hey Kakashi, when are we supposed to be at the arena?" I ask.

Kakashi looks at the sun "Oh, well, I guess we should get going before you get kicked out" He says smiling at us.

Sasuke looks at me and crosses his arms "Isn't your match before mine?" He asks.

I nod but then smirk at him "But I think the people just want to see you and Gaara's fight"

"Well let's get going" Kakashi says. "Stand close to me"

"What? Why?" We both ask.

"Just do it" He responds

We stand close to him with our backs touching.

I watch as he makes hand signals.

I look at Sasuke and notice how different he looks now.

He wears a one piece fighting suit with arm braces from the last few times he did the lightning blade.

His hair grew longer too.

The wind around us picks up with leaves and I notice that it's not blowing normally, Kakashi is doing this.

Suddenly smoke forms around us as well as the leaves and blocks our sight.

I squeeze my hands in fists and wait.

Then I hear what sounds like booing stop abruptly.

The smoke cleared and we were in the arena standing next to a new examiner. It wasn't the same as the old one at all.

I crack a smile.

That was cool, I'll have to learn to do that.

I see Sasuke smile a little too. He looked excited to fight Gaara.

Smirking, I look at Kakashi as he asks the examiner if we have been kicked out of the test yet or not.

"Actually you made it just in time. Sasuke is going to fight Gaara right now" the examiner says.

Kakashi exhales relieved. "Oh good, thanks" he says chuckling. "Come on Hadeki, let's get out of their way"

I nod then look at Sasuke.

"Sasuke," I say.

He looks at me and I say "Get to him before the sand creates an impenetrable barrier" I smile "Oh and kick his butt for me"

He smirks "Well this isn't going to be a hug fest"

I lift my fist and he meets it with his own wrapped fist.

We walk past each other and I see Naruto.

"Oh, Naruto, hey" I say as I continue to walk to the stands.

"What are you talking about?" Naruto yells "You guys disappeared forever ago! What were you doing?"

I scoff and say "You're a little over excitable today aren't you?"