Twenty-two

My consciousness slips in and out of the real world.

I remember Kakashi yelling at someone saying they weren't going to get Sasuke or me.

Then it went black. Then I remember Kakashi carrying both of us up the stairs.

Then it goes dark.

Then I remember being laid in a bed and Kakashi talking to me.

He was asking me what it felt like. I tried to answer but went under again.

When I woke up the next time it was to see the blurry outline of the snake woman who put the curse on Sasuke, except not a woman now but a man.

He was standing next to my bed with his tongue jutting out.

"You'll stay with Sasuke if you value your life," He said before I closed my eyes again.

I'm falling into something. A vat of oil it seems.

I try to wim up but it's dragging me down. Gasping for air all I get is oil.

I can't breath. My lungs are filling with black oil that seems to make me heavier.

I'm dragged into the vat of black thick liquid. I can't breath, I'm out of air. I open my eyes to see where I am but only see red.

It taste like blood.

My feet hit something hard and the blood drain away leaving me choking on the ground.

Kurai my brother waits for me there.

"Hey baby brother" He says with a smile.

I try to breath but my lungs are filled with oil and blood.

He walks to me and picks me up. I struggle but he pulls me into a death hug.

Complete torture and pain flares through my body and attacks every part of me.

I can't even scream. I'm drowning on the inside and tortured on the outside.

How do I get out?

Why can't I scream!?

My eyes open and I gasp and pant. I'm staring at a white ceiling now.

I pant for thirty seconds before I hear Kakashi's voice.

"Nightmare?" Kakashi asks.

I look over to the side and see him in a chair reading his book.

I don't think I can answer. My throat burns and feels like it's bleeding.

Was I screaming out loud?

I just can't seem to focus my eyes on anything. They shake from fear and fear alone. Kakashi gets up and walks to me.

"How do you feel?" He asks.

I can't calm my breathing which is very surprising.

I open my mouth to tell him I need water when my arm burns.

"Arg" I say holding my arm and scrunching in pain.

Oh come on! Why was it still hurting?

It does wake me up though.

Kakashi frowns.

"Hmm, I thought that would have stopped by now" He says.

It stops now and my breaths become labored.

Kakashi turns to Sasuke who is in a bed next to me but with a breather on his face.

Kakashi flicks Sasuke's arm and I flinch.