Seventeen

(Before any of you think you skipped a chapter you didn't but I realized I labeled half of them wrong and I'm too lazy to change the chapter names again so from here on our this is chapter seventeen even though it's technically sixteen. 🤣)

I look around at everyone who passed the first test. It's impressive how many passed.

I stand with my squad at the front of the death forest gate. I've been in this forest before.

My uncle once trapped me in the forest for a month as survival training. It was good training and I would definitely do it again. So here I am, doing it again.

Anko our new examiner is explaining the rules. The same stuff, try not to die, finish with the rest of your squad and steal a scroll.

There are two different types of scrolls, Earth and Heaven scrolls. You're given one and while you survive in the forest you have to take the other scroll from another squad.

I'm surprised at how easy it's going to be. You just have to steal one? I thought we would have to find both or something.

Some ninja hands me a paper of terms and conditions.

I scim over it and sign while I wait for Naruto and the others to finish.

I look around and read every ninja.

Most are normal knock-offs but some are powerful. I'll have to remember to keep my squad away from some of them.

"You'll be out there for five days of survival" Anko says "I only have one more thing to say, try not to die."

I chuckle but no one else does.

I meet up with my squad again and we all go to the tent where we give our terms and condition papers to the men.

They hand us a heaven's scroll and we walk to a gate.

"Who's holding it first?" Sasuke asks.

"I will!" Naruto says.

I put my hands behind my head and say "Maybe we shouldn't give it to you right now Naruto. You couldn't keep track of your knife remember?"

Naruto grumbles.

"I'll hold it" Sasuke says.

I shake my head. "Why?" Sakura asks.

I look at her "Right now we are considered the weakest team but the only team with four members. People will want to see how strong we are. They think the strongest on our team is Sasuke so they'll already be going to fight him normally and I'm sure that they think we'll let him hold it"

"I bet you think you should hold it then" Naruto grumbles.

I scoff "You kidding? No way! I hate holding things. I'm afraid I'll drop it"

"Then who?" Sasuke asks.

I nod at Sakura "I doubt they'll suspect us to give it to Sakura, you know, since she doesn't yell out or show off her power"

I give the other two looks making them grumble.

"Me?" Sakura asks.

I nod "If you think you can."

I take the scroll from Naruto and bounce it from one hand to the other.

"I guess I can," She says thoughtfully.

I smile "Okay but you need to keep your head. This forest really gets to your head"

She nods "I can do it"

I smile and blow out making the dust rise up around us coveting our presence.

"What are you doing?" Sakura asks.