Chapter 2

14 years later

Years past and you have grown into a young woman still living on the farm but now all by yourself, your father ended up getting sick which caused him to stop his farm work but you still able to help unfortunately he ended up dying in his sleep the sickness ended up taking him and now you were the one taking care of the farm. Many things changed through the year and i mean many, 14 years ago a girl arrived at Camille's house she was the same age as you, it was a surprise to find out that it was Camille's cousin Therese, it seemed that she would be staying with them while her father was going off to war. You tried to be friends with her but she wasn't really the friendly type and also the fact that she didn't even want to be there.

Madame started being more protective over Camille a limiting his time out, so you never got see him most of the time but when you did you tried to to as much as possible, not just that but also you having to take care of the farm but the years have gone by and today you where going to surprise Camille. Due to your fathers death, you've been busy trying to run everything, but today was a good day. Madame had invited you over for lunch. It's been some time since you've had lunch with them also due to the notice of Therese's father passing, so they needed some time to comprehend everything.

You decided to bring some flowers from your little garden you've been growing next to your mothers. Just as a little gift, soon you arrive and see Camille in the distance. You wanted to surprise him but in a special way. You quickly climb into a tree as Camille starts to walk over. At the right moment, you swing yourself upside down and scare him "Surprise"! He falls to the ground landing on his butt "Y/n" "sorry" you giggle "don't do that your going to give me a heart attack" you laugh as you jump down from the tree and help him up "well at least nothing's broken" you both laugh as you give each other a hug. "It's good to see you" "you too" "what are those" "oh some flowers from my garden i thought id bring some" "Y/n is that you" you hear a woman's voice coming towards you "hello Madame thank you for inviting me" "please your basically family" "oh here these are some flowers from my garden" "oh these are beautiful i'll go put them on the table".

"So how have you been" "great i have some big news i have to tell you" "what is it" "I got-" "Y/n could you help me dear" you hear madam call your name "oh, yes i'll be right there" "i'll just tell you later" you smile and go to help madame.

Later you all come outside to start setting up the table, Therese was pumping the water and you and madame were bringing the food "everyone Camille has an announcement to make" you all turn to face him "we're moving to paris" "paris" Therese says surprised "such a fillfly city"

"yes..due to mothers old friend..i found a job, in an office...i'll be in a big company,be with my own little desk" he smiles "that sounds wonderful" Therese says "doesn't make sense to me whatsoever..i mean how is Therese and i suppose to take care of you if your gone all day".

"The doctor did day i should exert myself and you do spoil me mother" "he's a country doctor with one dead eye...i hardly believe-", "i've let you coddle me all my life and it time i take a will of my own", "it's time i take control of are little family". You were very surprised at this news, "well i'm very excited for you...paris is such a lovely city ive heard its nice during the spring", "Thank you Y/n...see mother even Y/n aggress", "well i have offend dreamed of having a small shop again", she says with a smirk "see a silver lining", "a few lace pisces in the window...but you let me take care of everything you naughty boy" Madame laughs "i wouldn't have it any other way mother".

"We can leave right after the wedding", Camille says."a wedding"? You say to yourself, "oh whos wedding are we going to", Therese asked with a smile, Madame puts her hand on hers, "well yours dear". Therese laughs ,"but who am i going to marry"? "Why Camille, of course", A little laugh hits until everyone goes silent. You froze as well in shock from what you just heard. For 14 years, your heart ended up opening up for a boy...a boy who now says he's going to get married.

You were young when you first fell in love with Camille and for years you've never told him or anyone for that matter "this is so exciting a wedding...Camille is so excited" ,you sat there putting on a fake smile while Therese was just sitting there quietly "oh and you will be Madame Raquin just like me" Madame said with a smile. You and Therese have never really gotten along since day one when she first arrived, she was never friendly towards you and you never really liked her either, Therese never even wanted to stay here but because of her father going to war she had no choice due to them being the only family she had.

A couple years ago she even tried to run away but that didn't last long, because where would she even go if she stayed, So of course a little bit of jealousy hit you when this news came up.

On the day of the wedding, you just sat the whole time by a tree watching the scene in front of you. You didn't stay long, though you left as soon as the vowels were over. You sat by your little fireplace knowing that your first only friend and love was not just married to a woman who you know didnt even love him but moving away to a big city now knowing that you probably won't be able to see each other.

That was until you heard a knock at the door "coming" You opened the door to see a familiar face "Camille"? "What are you doing here" "umm..i was wondering if you want to" you stair at him in confusion "would you like to come to paris with us" your eyes open wide "paris...with you, i don't know i mean i don't want to be a burden and plus what about the farm" "well it's up to you...i don't want to push you into it" "you were my first friend..really my only friend and you've always been there for me and now that we're moving it's going to be harder to see each other" he sighs

"I know it's already hard enough taking care of a farm all by yourself" you look to the floor thinking "could i think about it" Camille nods "we leave in a couple of days just tell us when you can" you close the door and slowly fall to floor "i don't know what to do...i mean going to the city has been a dream of mine but how can i just leave the farm".

A few days later

"Camille, are you ready to go everything all settled in" yells Madame "just give me a minute mother" Camille was staring and waiting to see if you would come but you weren't there "come on we have to get on the road before it gets late" Madame yells again. Camille just sighs and starts to walk off to the carriage "Wait"! He hears a yell, he turns to see you running with a bag of luggage and a pot of flowers "im sorry im late i had to get these flowers from the garden" you sigh trying to catch your breath from the running "Y/n you made it...but what about your farm"? "I thought it over and i knew i wouldn't be able to run the farm forever, and i know my father would have wanted me to go out there and see the world i just didn't know if i was ready...but i think i am, i just had to bring one thing" he looks down to see blue poppy flowers "your mothers flowers" "yes..just something to remember by and too having something of home". You both smile "well come on, children, we don't have all day. we should have been on the road by now" Madame yells, You both laugh and hurry to the carriage.

"Alright let's get moving '' Madame tells the driver and hops in the carriage, you smile knowing you were finally doing this, you look out from the back seeing the fields getting smaller and farther away. You were excited for a new life, a new beginning, a new dream, and to be around someone you've cared for and loved for years, "paris...what could go wrong"?