Chapter 4

"Y/n"! You wake up to the sound of your name being called "Y/n come down for breakfast",Madame was downstairs cooking breakfast, so you quickly jumped out of bed head down stairs. You wobble down the stairs still trying to wake up, "morning" you say in a tired voice "good morning Y/n did you sleep well" you nod and sit down at the table "today we have some guest coming over so i'm going to need your girls help", "whos coming" you ask "some friends of ours there coming over to play dominos" you nod and see that Camille wasn't at the table "wheres Camille" ,"he had to leave early today he'll be home later tonight".

Later that night

Everyone was gathered around the table chatting and talking, Madame had invited old friends of hers, Inspector Michaud, his son Olivier, and Olivier's wife Suzanne, along with some other colleagues of his. You were sitting there reading one of your books while Therese was sitting by one of the windows just watching as they played, Madame looked at the clock with a worried face "Camille is never this late", "Mother"! Madame sighs and gets up "i'll be right back...and no cheating", "girls come" you all head down stairs to see Camille with a friend "Camille where have you been" "tada...i brought you a present, imported from your long lost past in vernon" Madame looks at him in confusion "you don't remember him" ,"do i"?

"Its Laurent...you must remember Laurent, his father owned the dairy beyond the church" Madame squeals "Oh yes, little Laurent" she goes over to to hug him ,"when i was a girl on summer days", "now mother lets not get started on summer days or well die of hunger...can you feed this great ox", "well of course..you can stay can't you" "I would love to stay" he smiles "he works for the company to and we never even knew" they laugh "why not bring him along to domino's night" "oh that's perfect...with Inspector Michaud-", "and his son Olivier he's fantastic".

"come ,come you muse meet everyone" she pulls him by his hand, Laurent looks over at the you and Therese "good evening" he says, "good evening it's nice to meet you" you reply, Therese just smiles and nods her head "Laurent this is my wife Therese and my good friend Y/n" "it's nice to meet you Y/n" he shakes you hand, "we've been friends forever ever since you left" ,"thats nice to hear so do you have any hobbies or jobs" he asked "well i used to run a farm with my father but my thing is flowers i hope to maybe sell some one day, but for now i just work her at the shop with Madame and Therese".

"Thats sounds nice" you smile from his compliment and you all head to the other room, about an hour later everyone was gathered around watching everyone's move, you were still reading your book but did look up to see what was happening during the game "Therese could you open a window i keep smelling an odor" Madame says looking light headed "it's probably me", Olivier says still paying attention to the game "i had a case...that i'm not really at liberty to discus, but i had to go to the morgue today..the aroma clings". "Like my son here i had to set a line between me and the morgue could never go near it", "i've been the morgue...a number of times" Laurent says as everyone looks up "why..on a beet" Camille asked "no, with my artist friends" ,"you didn't paint did you" Madame ask ,"i'm afraid i did".

"While my father paid my way into a hugely mistaken assumption that i was grooming myself for the law", "were you good" ,Olivier ask ,"no not at all...but i like the life", "by life you mean-" ,"life he said life..he meant life" his wife Suzanne interrupted him in a stern tone. "But why the morgue" ,one of the inspectors asked "well we'd stand at the public rail with pad in hand and sketch the bodies", "so why did you hang up your brush" Camille asked "well my father came one day..and mu model opened the door as she was, and my father was so shocked that he took a step backwards" he slams his hand on the table "and feel down three flights of steps" every laughs "was he hurt" Madame ask still giggling, "no not a bit but i was, by the time he hit bottom he cut me off completely without a sue".

and mu model opened the door as she was, and my father was so shocked that he took a step backwards" he slams his hand on the table "and feel down three flights of steps" every laughs "was he hurt" Madame ask still giggling, "no not a bit but i wa...

"I haven't spoken to the old skin flin since", "do you ever prepare to star for your art" Inspector Michaud questions "do i look like a man who would star for his art" "i wouldn't say you do" Olivier replies, everyone laughs. Everything was fine until you see Laurent look over at Therese, she quickly gets up and tries to open the window "Therese" Camille comes over to see if shes ok "i have to open a window" she says hyperventilating "why what's wrong" "nothing the air is close" "then why don't you join us at the table" ,"no my head is beating" she says still trying to pull at the window "Laurent will think you don't like him", "i don't"!

 Everything was fine until you see Laurent look over at Therese, she quickly gets up and tries to open the window "Therese" Camille comes over to see if shes ok "i have to open a window" she says hyperventilating "why what's wrong" "nothing the ai...

"He smells like an animal, I can smell him from here" she opens the window and puts her head out to breath. Everyone starts to clap at the table as Laurent makes another move. Everyone has already left and Laurent starts to leave as well "Laurent i was wondering you could do something for us" asked Madame "of course anything", "we were wondering if you could draw Camille's portrait, i mean now we know you can paint" "sure, when", "how about this weekend".

He nods and says his goodbyes as he leaves "well he was nice wasn't he" you say as you were helping clean up "he is, it was so nice to see him again he's practically family".

You both smile soon start to go upstairs for bed, you lay down and pull out your book you were reading but for some reason you had a weird feeling, you didn't feel sick but you just feel something wasn't right ,"what could it be"?