Chapter 8

*Warning spoiler for those who have not seen the movie.*
This chapter will contain the boat scene where Camille is thrown off the boat, but in my story Camille doesn't die, so if are are confused that's why.

You walk down the stone path, watching the calm river and listening to the sound of birds chirping, you smile softly as you look at the beautiful scenery. You soon see the next dock up ahead when you look to see from the corner of your eye, Camille,Laurent and Therese coming around the corner. You pick up your dress and walk over to the grass to try and wave to them, but before you could shout you see Laurent slowly grab Camille by his ribs, Camille tries to turn around and stop him but Laurent had already grabbed him by his neck.

Camille falls off the boat, as Laurent starts to push him down deeper into the water, they've haven't noticed you standing there until you scream, "CAMILLE"! You scream from the top of your lungs as other people start to look over to see what was the matter, you didn't even think for one second, you quickly jump into the cold water and swim as fast as you can. As you try to swim over to Camille, Laurent tries to hit you with the paddle as well, but you were lucky enough to dodge it.

You quickly swim near the boat pushing it with all your might trying to knock it over, with one last push the boat goes tipping over, along with Therese and Laurent. You gabe Camille by his arm and try to lift him up and swim over to the dock.

Everyone one already running over to see what was going on, Inspector Michaud and everyone else where already there and were confused of what was happening, "What one earth is going on", Inspector Michaud asked, you were trying to breath still choking on water, when you notice Camille was not breathing, "Shit! He's not breathing, someone quickly call a doctor"! Suzanne runs off to go fetch a doctor, as you try to help Camille, "come one Camille don't do this to me, breathe please", you try pressing on his chest, but that wasn't working so you try the only way you could think of, mouth to mouth.

You slowly breath and leaned in to Camille and start to breath in and out, you try to go back and forth with giving him chest compressions and mouth to mouth, but with one more breath Camille starts to cough and slowly starts to breath, "oh thank god", you breath thridded that Camille is alive. Suzanne soon brings the doctor as everyone was still confused of what happened, "what happened", Suzanne asked, but before you could say anything, you see Therese and Laurent climbing up onto the dock, "you", you walk over to Therese and slap her hard, "what the hell is wrong with you", "what's going on"? "It was them...they were trying to kill Camille", everyone's eyes widen, "they have been having an affair for months, and thought that if they killed Camille they could Madames money and run off together", "Thereses...is this true", Suzanne asked, but all Therese do was look down at the floor.

"I haven't said anything cause I thought it wasn't my place....but guess the secrets out now...I mean look at this mark he even gave me", you pull your dress collar down, to show the mark Laurent had made from the night before. Everyone was all in shock from what was happening, now finding out that friends were really murderers.

It was late at night, as you all were walking to shop to tell Madame what had happened, "should I come with you Y/n" asked Suzanne, "no it's alright Suzanne you all should go home...it's getting late anyway", "alright, well good night be safe", "good night". You slowly walking into the shop, shivering still damp from being wet, when you footsteps from the other room, "Y/n...is that you, what one earth happened to you"? "Um well", you stutter trying to come up with the right words, "wheres Camille", "well he's in the hospital", "the hospital...what happened".

You sigh,"Therese and Laurent were trying to....kill him", Madame's eyes widen, "what...Therese, no not my Therese", "i'm sorry but it's true", Madame sit down from shock, "we can go see him in the morning", Madame nodes, "so what specifically happened". "Well Therese and Laurent have been having an affair for months...and they thought that if they killed Camille they could be together and get your money", Madame was too shocked to speak, " I'm sorry I didn't saying anything sooner I thought you all wouldn't believe me", "now why would you think that", " Because you've known them longer then me, it looked like you trust them more then me", "Y/n...you are family then anyone else, yes Therese may be blood and Laurent a long time friend, but you've been there for us then anyone else", you smile.

"You,ve been there  for Camille when he needed you most, and the first day i saw my boy smile because of you...that just made my heart skip a beat.....you are family,blood or not", she puts her had up to your face, "thank you Madame, That means so much", she smiles, "now come on we have to get you out of those damp cloths you must be freezing", Madame sits you over by the fire and starts heating up some tea.

"Hear drink, don't want you getting sick", "thank you", "so we can go see Camille tomorrow","yes he just needs some bed rest for a couple of day, then he should be fine", "thank the lord you were there to save him...but what about Therese and Laurent? "Well there both at the jail office, they tried to run but it was to late", "I see...is that also how you got this mark on your neck", "kind of, the other night Laurent came from the back and tried to...", you pause, "touch me", Madame shocked puts her hand on your shoulder, "i'm so sorry Y/n", you sigh "it's alright, I stopped him before he could even do anymore," Madame sighs, as she rubs your back, "I think it's getting late I should go to bed", "oh your right, it's almost midnight we should get some rest I think we both need it after tonight".

You nod as you put your dishes away and head up stairs to get dressed for bed,"good night Y/n get some rest", "you too goodnight Madame", she smiles and closes her door as you slowly walk to your bed and sit down. "Thank you lord for protecting Camille today, I don't know what I would do without him", you say to yourself, You sigh as you change into your nightgown and get into bed.