Chapter 14

*Warning-Slight-NSFW *

You carefully hover over the mantel, gently hammering against the white banner you hung up for Camille's birthday, and Madame in the kitchen preparing for tonight's guest. Even though Camille begged you both not to make such a big fuss out of it, you thought it would be a nice gesture to throw him a little gathering. You slowly climb down the step stool, admiring your work you had done for Camille's birthday. It was a shame he had to work that day, but all was well if he was still able to make it that night. "Y/n, could you come here, please.", Madame shouted from the kitchen.

You walk in, a strong smell of numerous foods hits your nose. "What do you think? Came out quite nice, didn't it?", "Yes, you certainly outdone yourself, Madame," you replied. "I need you to run out and get Camille's cake...I should have the shop name and address right here." Madame passes you a small slip of parchment with the address and cake number. "It's Lemon Cream. Something simple, but delicious...", She chuckles.

You lock the shop door behind you, parchment in hand, and your hand bag in the other. There was still so much to do with so little time, even if Camille would stay a little longer at the office. But the biggest problem was....you didn't have a gift of your own. After weeks of planning and preparing, nothing came to mind on what you wanted to get Camille. He is a simple man but hard to buy for. Even if he said he didn't want anything, you were his wife, and you'd feel guilty if you haven't. You bite your lip, your mind swirls as you try to think of what to get him. It had to be something special, but in your budget.

You pass all the shops, but nothing that would most likely suit him. "Could a stuffed bear do? No, that's too childish," You whisper to yourself. "A new tie?...No, he's already got so many of those." Your mind flickers as you flash back on your first time giving him a gift, many years ago. When he first smiled, seeing that book....it brought back a lot of memories of you two as children. You wondered if he still had it.

*Time skip*

Laugher echoes from the dining room, the sound of dominos clicking along the table, and the men bickering off about work. You all hear the chime sound of the shop door opening and closing, and Camille's huff and puffs coming up the stairs. You quickly turn down the lamp, and you all duck down slowly. "Why on earth is it so dark in here?"Camille whispered. "Surprise!"You all shout. Camille stumbles back but quickly catches himself. Everyone claps and cheers as he comes around the table. "I told you all you didn't have to do this," Camille chuckles, moving around the table filled with food and drinks. "Oh come on... you don't think we'd listen, would you," Madame kisses his cheeks and places him in his seat.

"Happy birthday, darling...", You lightly kiss him and rub his head. "You're sweet, you know that," "I know," you chuckled. Laughter fills the room as stories and gossip are spread, each one carefully placing down a domino for their move. "Dame! So close...", Shouts Olivier, everyone laughs. "So, Camille... another year older. Have any special wishes?," asked Inspector Michaud. "No... all I wish is to spend the rest of my life...with this woman right here..", everyone aw's as Camille holds your hand. "Well, I suspect since you both are married and getting older....What do you two think about....Children?" Suzanne asked. You choke on your glass as you try not to cough it back out. Patting your chest to help you breathe. "W-What?" Your face turns red, your glass starts to wobble in your hand. "Children," She repeated. "I...um..I," You glared over at Camille, his face was paler than snow, and sweat was slowly dripping down his cheeks. "We-haven't really...thought about it." The truth was...you never thought about it. You both have never even...done it before. You knew the aspect and requirement of..."Making love," at least you thought you did. Being raised by a man...it wasn't really the easiest thing to talk about between father and daughter.

"Um..I'm gonna go..and get the cake." Quickly changing the subject, you walk out the room into the kitchen, face heated like a boiling tea kettle. "Eehm...Y/n and I aren't sure yet..uh about kids, but maybe in the future." Camille chuckles with a shake in his voice, carefully trying not to spill the glass in his hand.

*Later that night*

Reading your book to yourself as you lay in bed, you are then startled by the slow creaking sound from the door. "Everyones gone?", You asked. "Yes, thought they never leave," you chuckle at his response, carefully placing your book on your bedside table and running behind him.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to get you anything, darling." "No matter...I already have my gift," he replied, stressfully taking off his tie. You chuckle as you begin to help him. "And what's that...", "You...." You smile, looking into his ocean blue eyes and giving him a small peak on the cheek.

"Um, I was wondering...do you-still have that book?" Camille raises a brow. "You know... the one I gave you when we were children." Camille smirks and rushes to the side near his wardrobe. He slowly pulls down a large book from the top. "I remember... when you first smiled," he places the book in your hands, and you begin to turn the pages.

Page by page, you scan throughout all the different illustrated creatures and animals, and finally stop on Camille's favorite. Bears. But the page was different. Instead of just two bears, there were names written at the bottom of them. "Camille," "...Therese..." You sigh as you look at the page, and Camille notices. He quickly snatches the book back, taking one last look at the page, then ripping her name out.

Taking his quill, he then begins to write. "..Y/n.." it read. "Better..." he flips over the book and shows you both your names near the bears. You smile. Then, an idea pops in your head.

You take his hands. "Darling..." You pause. "Now, remember when Suzanne...mentioned children." Camille gulps. "Now I'm not saying I have to bear a child right away... but...what if we -" You take another pause, worried for what was about to come out of your mouth. "Ehm...made love. Only if you're comfortable."

Being one not knowing really anything about "Sex," you still wanted him to feel comfortable as well. "Are you sure?" He asked. "I mean.. we've been married for a while, but I wanted to wait since-." Camille knew of your "situation", along with his own. Before, he would just do it to make therese happy. But the outcome wasn't always the best due to his illness, which made Therese angry.

"We could..just start slow for tonight, for the both of us."

You gently lay yourself back on the bed, slowly turning down your bedside lamp, to where the only light was the moon shining through the windows. He climbs onto you slowly, cautiously lifting your nightgown, not all the way, but enough to where he could move closer to you.

He kept his on as well. Being cautious and insecure enough about himself, you wanted him to feel comfortable as possible.

He slowly begins to ride you, his breath heavy and tough, laying his head against your neck as he continues to slowly push in and out. You wince and grip the pillow, the light pain coursing through the lower half of your body, and light moans leaving your lips.

Minutes passed, and Camille was beginning to get tired. He heavily coughed and choked, trying his hardest to last a little longer, but after 15 minutes... he was done. Camille coughed as he hid in the crook of your neck, clearly embarrassed. "Are you alright?," you whispered, gently rubbing his head. "Yeah...," You both sat there for a moment, both of you catching your breaths. He rolled over to his side of the bed, with you resting on his chest.

"Thank you...," you whispered. "Thank you for trusting me..." He smiles, kissing the top of your head, "I love you." After a while, you both began to get tired, and fell asleep.