Chapter Fourty-Eight

Derek

The Everston Allmother has attained innumerable successes. She debriefed each Everston alive about what they wished for with their money. If the objectives are invalid and weighted, she confiscated their finances into her fund. The Everstons contemplated retaliating and took this bravery to trials, although they know, without a doubt, that you cannot exactly fight an Allmother, the face of their Family.

Instead of investing this capital into noxious substances, she invested the capital for those in need. She kindly and forcefully removed figures from the government, and substituted them with better, moral personalities. She forced many to 'resign', and asked for the government to hold another election for the better party to win. The Everstons's authority in the government has ceased. 

She ordered for the education system to be refurbished. She ordered universities, particularly top-class establishments, to accept every student equally rather than recruiting those from private schools. As a consequence, this year, the most successful Universities have lowered their positions on the league tables, and more accepting universities overtook their levels. The number of private school students recruited into universities have dramatically decreased, because if there was one thing Aunt Marlene (and myself) have distinguished, it is that private school students tend to have the upper hand in all foundations. 

In fact, with the cooperation of Prime Minister William Wilson, Aunt Marlene intends for the tripartite system, especially private and grammar schools, to be forgotten. There is to be equal public funding to each educational building.

Aunt Marlene authorised sanitary equipment for menstrual cycles, pregnancies and childhood to be free of charge. It did rock the economies of several companies, but she trusted her gut that it would flourish and be back on their feet soon. She authorised better access to clinical services for abortion cases. She authorised that it is the woman who should decide in terms of her body, not the doctors nor the nurses — they are encouraged to give advice to the patient, but the patient's choice must be respected. 

She increased the prison sentences for most crimes, including rape and domestic violence.

She authorised free school meals for students in primary, secondary, college and Sixth Form levels. The meals are funded by The Matthews Industry. Currently, she is fighting for the acceptance of immigrants into the country. It is to be a tough and harsh process, though kinder than before.

There was a Decagon meeting in June. Apparently, the Decemviri desired two countries to be at war, to distract the masses and bury them in a psychological darkness. The Everston Allmother ridiculed such a need, that she admonished having their heads delivered to her on the finest ceramic plates. She asserted her dominance, her power, in these meetings. Such a confidence, it made the other Allmothers bristling in envy and jealousy, and the Allfathers bristling in rage and vehemence.

Marlene Everston had the Acierno Allfather killed for demanding war.

Technically, she politely requested Spade for the execution.

"The slightest insinuation of an atrocity will cost a condemned sanction," remarked Marlene.

The Matthews Allfather was the only one to agree.

For an Allmother, Madame Marlene Everston is better than all the faces of the Ten Families, including my brother. It makes me wonder what Mother would have done, if she were alive. Mother wanted to initiate many of the strategies achieved today, though back in her time it was much more difficult.

This coming October, the Matthews Industry will begin their scheme to eradicate poverty in the United Kingdom, first by helping the homeless to find homes in decent council apartments. Fawn Siao, the Allmother of the Siaos — the wealthiest Family of all — reluctantly mutters her agreement for an alliance in this project; she wants the Industry to begin this scheme in Singapore.