Overheard

By Beca's junior year at Barden, she had made some really close friends. Most of them were other Bellas, and her closest friend was Chloe. Beca and her had clicked from the very beginning, ever since Chloe convinced Beca to join the Bellas. The redhead has always been persistent about their friendship working out.

Beca had not only developed a close friendship with Chloe, but she also had a bit of a crush on the girl. She would never admit to these feelings, but it did make it hard sometimes. What Beca didn't know, was that Chloe felt the same way. Both girls were equally oblivious of their love for each other.

The one girl who knew both sides of the story was Aubrey. Although she graduated, she remained close with the Bellas. Chloe and Aubrey had been friends for a long time, so it made sense they would talk about relationship problems together. Beca wasn't super good friends with Aubrey from the start, but she confided in her knowing she was close to Chloe.

This weekend, the Bellas were on their spring break trip together. They were all staying at a hotel in Las Vegas, and even Aubrey came along to the vacation.

"Beca?" Aubrey said as she walked into the girl's hotel room.

"Hey, Aubrey. What's up?" Beca said.

"I saw you looking at Chloe earlier... You still like her, Beca!" Aubrey said, sitting down next to Beca.

"Aubrey, cmon. You know that would never work out." Beca said defeated.

"Why not? You've never even tried to give her a chance." Aubrey begged.

"Because she's gorgeous. Her fire-red hair and bright blue eyes are enough to make me stutter when I talk to her. It doesn't help that she has a great personality too. The way she can bring up the mood in any situation, or how she's so confident in herself. And her smile! Her sparkling-white smile that lights up a room, and that little giggle she does when she knows she's right. Aubrey, I'm so in love with her it's crazy." Beca rambled. She always rambled when she was nervous, and she was always nervous talking about her feelings for Chloe.

"Beca, you clearly care about her a lot. I've known Chloe for a while now, and nobody else she's been with has ever lit up like that while talking about her. I think you'd be surprised how much she'd reciprocate the feeling." Aubrey said.

"She's never said anything about it before. You know Chloe, she's super open about everything. She would tell me if she wanted to be more than just friends. It's fine. I can be friends." Beca said while staring at her lap.

"Enough of the pity party, Beca! Do I have to spell it out for you?" Old Aubrey came back for a moment to knock some sense into Beca.

The brunette looked up at her, slightly amused by her tone. She was also terrified because it reminded her of her freshman year with the Bellas.

"Chloe likes you, Beca! She likes when you throw your hair into a messy bun because it reminds her you're pretty without even trying. She thinks it's cute how you tap your fingers on your desk when you're frustrated with a mix. She loves the idea of being the only person you'll let into your life–"

"How do you know any of this, Aubrey?" Beca cut her off.

"Because I told her." Another voice said from the doorway.

Beca and Aubrey both flipped their heads around towards the door to see Chloe. She was standing with her shoulder leaned against the doorframe, her cheeks blushing a rosy pink.

"Aubrey's right. I do love you, Becs." Chloe continued.

"How much of that did you hear?" Beca said embarrassed.

"Enough to know that you like me. Now I'm gonna do that little giggle you find so cute, because I'm right!" Chloe said smiling.

Beca rolled her eyes jokingly.

"I'll leave you two be." Aubrey said with a satisfactory smile. She headed out the door, flashing Chloe one last grin as she passed.

Chloe finally made her way over to Beca and took a seat. She stared into Beca's deep blue eyes, admiring the girl's beauty.

"So, how'd you hear?" Beca asked.

"Well, Aubrey must have left the door open a crack when she came in. I was headed down the hall to the elevator, but I heard my name on the way there. I stopped outside right as you were saying we would never work. I hope you changed your mind." Chloe placed her hand on top of Beca's.

"Yeah. That was before I knew you felt the same... How long have you liked me for?" Beca asked.

"Since I saw you at the activities fair when you were a freshman. Ever since then I've liked you, but I never wanted to risk ruining our friendship." Chloe said smiling.

"Me too. I can't believe we went on so long as just friends!"

"Why wait any longer?" Chloe whispered before leaning in to kiss Beca.

When their lips met, it felt like the world around them disappeared. The cheap Vegas hotel room vanished, and it was just Beca and Chloe left. Chloe tasted sweet of strawberries, a taste Beca had been missing for years. The girls melted into one another, letting the lust take over.