Deja Vu

"I didn't know we had to prepare that song." Beca said timidly from the stage.

"That's ok. Sing anything you want." Chloe replied. She was eager to see what the younger girl would sing, especially after hearing her in the shower the other day.

Beca reached for the cup of pens sitting in front of Aubrey and Chloe. She dumped them onto the table and placed the cup in front of her on stage. Aubrey didn't hesitate giving her a glare, but Beca seemed unbothered by it.

She began to make a beat out of the cup, and then started singing as well. Chloe was enamored by her voice, and it sounded even better than the last time she heard it.

That was the moment Chloe really fell in love with Beca. Sure, seeing her naked in the steamy shower was hot, but it was nothing more than that. Watching her perform was different. She truly was talented, and it didn't hurt that she looked gorgeous up there too. Chloe took in everything about her that day. Her black skinny jeans and low-cut long sleeve, the way her brown hair messily fell on her shoulders, and how she periodically looked at Chloe for reassurance while she sang. All of it was perfect. Beca was perfect.

The second Beca finished, Chloe had the biggest smile plastered across her face. She knew she looked like an idiot, but she couldn't help it.

From that day on, Beca was a Bella. Her and Chloe had became fast friends, just as the redhead predicted on initiation night. They did everything together, and the two were inseparable during their four years at Barden. They laughed, cried, sang, everything. The one thing they didn't do was date. That would be completely normal for most friends, but not when Chloe had been in love during their whole friendship. Little moments had alluded to them being more than just friends, but those were nothing more than little moments. It hurt Chloe, but she also knew it was better to have Beca like this than not at all, which is what she assumed would happen if she admitted her feelings.

Chloe never admitted it, but Beca was the main reason she stayed so long at Barden. She always kept a little hope that they would eventually find their way in love, and she always believed they just needed more time. She was confident Beca was the right person, they just didn't have enough time.

----------------------------------------------------------

7 years later, the Bellas went on their USO Tour. By the end of the wild ride, DJ Khalid had chosen Beca to perform solo. She was confused, but the Bellas helped convince her it would be a good thing. Chloe made sure she knew their friendship was forever, and that was reassuring. Beca cared more about Chloe than anyone else in her life.

When she started singing, she could see Chloe's bright smile from the crowd. It was the same smile she had at auditions years ago. Beca loved seeing that smile.

Behind Chloe's smile, she felt a strange sadness. She felt deja vu seeing Beca performing up there. It was the first time she had seen her sing alone on stage since auditions. She realized then and there that this was the end of something. The Bellas were moving on with their lives, and that meant Beca was too. About half way through the song, Chloe made a decision that this wouldn't be the end. All of those years spent pining for Beca's love would finally be worth something. There wasn't a lack of time, but rather a lack of communication. Beca would never know how Chloe had felt all those years unless she just admitted to it.

The song finished, and the audience cheered and clapped as Beca took her bows. Everything she had ever wanted was finally coming true. Well, almost everything.

As the praise died down, Chloe slipped away to go backstage. As if it was planned, Beca headed there as well.

"Chloe?" Beca said as she noticed the redhead.

"Beca, you were amazing. I couldn't wait to tell you that, so that's why I'm back here." Chloe rambled. She was suddenly having second thoughts about this whole talk she planned.

"You came all the way backstage to tell me I was good?" Beca said with skepticism. She had learned to know when Chloe was lying, and she sensed this was one of those times.

"I didn't want to say it with all the Bellas around." Chloe said. This lie was getting her nowhere.

"I feel like you've got more to say." Beca teased.

"You know me too well, Mitchell." Chloe sighed.

"So?" Beca said grabbing Chloe's hands. They were inches apart now, and Chloe felt the tension between her feelings and Beca.

Disregarding everything she had planned to say, Chloe pulled Beca into a kiss. It was abrupt, and it was passionate. Well, until Beca pulled away with a certain look on her face.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry, Beca." Chloe said covering her mouth.

"You really feel that way about me?" Beca asked.

"Um, yeah. Yeah I do." Chloe said softly. There was no going back now, so might as well lay it all out on the table.

Beca responded with another kiss, and this time she didn't pull away so fast. Now she had everything she had ever wanted.

"You like me too?" Chloe asked after their kiss.

"Chlo, I've liked you since you forced me to sing with you in the shower 7 years ago."

Chloe let that sink in before a smug grin filled her face.

"You fell first." Chloe teased, her smile becoming even bigger.

"Shut up, Beale." Beca joked.