The Announcement

Despite the Bellas disbanding after their USO tour, the girls were all just as close. They lived all around the country, but they usually did a couple reunions every year. Tonight was one of those reunions, and Aubrey was hosting at her house in Georgia. All of the Bellas had flown in, and most were staying at nearby hotels. Chloe was staying in Aubrey's guest room, but there wasn't much room for anyone else to stay.

Beca got in early, but she was hiding out in her hotel room. Even though these girls were her best friends, she never liked to show up anywhere first. She more specifically wanted to make sure Chloe would be there before her. Two reunions ago, Beca and Chloe had finally found out about each others secret crush on one another. After dinner with the Bellas, they snuck off to a hotel room together. They hooked up, but nobody else knew about it. Beca skipped the next reunion because she felt too awkward about the situation. Now it had been a full year, and Beca still had weird feelings about it. She had plans to pull Chloe aside before everyone else got there and finally address what happened, and why they never talked about it before. Beca hated to admit it, but she liked Chloe a lot more than just a one night stand.

As Beca sat on the bed waiting to leave, her phone buzzed. It was the Bellas group chat.

Aubrey: Hey ladies! Chloe's here, where are the rest of you?

Beca: Omw!

And with that, Beca was running out the door and down to the hotel lobby. She hopped in her rental car and began to speed towards Aubrey's house. She needed to talk to Chloe before the rest of the girls were around.

As soon as Beca parked, she was out the car and knocking on the front door.

"Beca!" Aubrey greeted.

"Hey, Bree! Where's, Chlo?" Beca asked.

"Hi." Chloe said before Aubrey could answer. Her cheeks were bright red, and Beca could tell she was also nervous. This was the first time they had seen each other since that night.

The silence between the girls must have lasted too long, because Aubrey could sense the weird tension quickly.

"I'm going to, uh... check on dinner!" Aubrey exclaimed before running off to the kitchen.

"Can we talk for a sec?" Beca asked.

"Sure." Chloe said, acting like nothing weird was going on. Beca hated when she did that.

They headed into the guest room Chloe was staying in, and Beca shut the door behind her.

"So, what's this behind-closed-doors secret talk about?" Chloe teased.

"You know, Chloe." Beca said.

Chloe stared back blankly.

"The last reunion I was at." Beca said.

"Oh, right. That." Chloe said.

"That night was..." Beca trailed off, remembering the way Chloe's hands ran through her hair. The way their lips melted together, and how the curves of Chloe's body fit perfectly with those of Beca's.

"A mistake." Chloe said, cutting off Beca's daydream.

"What?" Beca asked.

"We were drunk and having a little fun. I'm sorry if it made things awkward between us, but can we just put it in the past? I don't want to lose our friendship over that." Chloe explained.

Beca didn't know what to say. She remembered what Chloe said that night as they laid, tangled up in the sheets.

"I have always wanted to do that. I want you to be my girlfriend, not just a girl who's my friend."