Tom

Ever since her freshman year, Beca Mitchell has watched the love of her life pass her by. She simultaneously loved and hated Chloe Beale because of this. Beca had feelings for Chloe the minute they laid eyes on each other, but all they would ever be to Chloe was friends. By senior year, Beca had given up all hope on getting out of the friend zone with Chloe. That didn't mean she stopped thinking about it though. It practically controlled her every thought.

~

Chloe oddly enough felt the exact same way about Beca. It took her a little bit longer, but once she saw past Beca's defensive walls, she was fully in love. Rather than dwelling on the missed opportunity of love like Beca, Chloe distracted herself. She was constantly in and out of relationships and situationships just to keep her busy. Every once and a while Chloe would genuinely take a liking to the person, but most of the time it was pure distraction. She wanted to feel like there was somebody else that was right for her besides Beca, because that would never work in her mind.

"Beca, you'll never guess what I did!" Chloe said, bursting into their room.

"Should I be worried, Beale?" Beca joked, sliding her headphones down to hang around her neck.

"No. It's a good thing." Chloe beamed. She ran over to sit next to Beca on her bed before sharing the news.

"I finally told Tom that if he's not in this for real, then I'm out." Chloe explained.

Beca lit up at that. She tried to hide her pure excitement, but it was hard. Tom and Chloe had been seeing each other off and on for a few months now, but Tom was a bit of a player. He was constantly getting with other girls and lying about it, which was pretty hard on Chloe. Beca was glad to hear Chloe finally stood her ground. Not to mention it meant she wouldn't have to hear about all of the times his tongue was down her throat anymore.

"And? What'd he say?" Beca asked.

"He agreed! He's all in, Becs! No more drama, no more other girls. We're officially boyfriend and girlfriend." Chloe continued.

Beca's smile dropped instantly. She couldn't believe the turn of events. So much for getting rid of Tom.

"Seriously, Chlo?" Beca asked. She couldn't hide her frustration, as much as she wanted to.

"What? It's a good thing."

"I don't think so." Beca muttered.

"Why aren't you happy for me?" Chloe asked. She looked really hurt, which only made Beca feel worse.

"I don't think he treats you well."

"What would you know? You've made zero effort to get to know him." Chloe argued.

"Chloe, you cry to me multiple times a week because of how he treats you. That tells me enough about him."

"Well why do you even care? If he treats me better now, that's all that matters!"

"Fine. I don't care then." Beca said.

"Fine!" Chloe snapped, getting up from the bed.

She left the room in a huff, leaving Beca alone in their room. It gave her time to reflect on what just happened, and part of her truly did feel bad. Chloe was right in a sense. If he was treating her better now, what's the problem? Beca knew she was just letting the jealousy get to her head. Once she had acknowledged the jealousy, she couldn't help but feed into it. She began stalking Tom's social media to try and see what Chloe was so enamored with. She scrolled through countless images of Tom with his fraternity brothers and other college girls, none of which were Chloe. The photos weren't recent though, so Beca knew the other girls weren't a problem. That was until she refreshed his page. A new Instagram post popped up of him and some blonde girl Beca didn't recognize. She was hanging off of him, and the caption read "my girl" with a heart.