𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 10

ఌ

𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝗿𝗱(𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆)

𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝗿𝗱
(𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆)

"Caught my interest, talkin' that shit... so intriguing."

𝟮:𝟯𝟬 𝗽𝗺

"I did stop by the store yesterday and grab the stuff for you and Lana to make the cupcakes." My mom said, finishing packing her work bag.

"Thank you."

"Anything for La. I love that lil girl." She paused, "I'm glad you're being the bigger person."

"Why you say that?" I asked as I leaned on the kitchen counter. I kept tracing my fingers along the lines of the white marble countertop while I waited for her response.

"You could've said no to keeping her, but you didn't. You know how much this means to Sevyn, and although you two aren't on the best terms, you still stepped forward to help. Again, you didn't have to, but you did."

"I figured I needed to cause after last night-"

"What happened last night?" She cut me off. Before I could respond, her Apple Watch alerted her that she was getting a phone call.

"It's my supervisor, so unless I get going now, ima be late." She stopped by me, kissed my cheek, and headed for the door.

"Oh, I also might be home from the hospital a little later than usual. I'm working a double tonight, so call me if there are any emergencies."

"Ok, love you."

"Love you too bear."

Once she was gone, I sat in the living room and decided to watch Let it Shine until Sev arrived with Lana. I found my favorite knit blanket and laid comfortable on the couch, and at some point I drifted off to sleep.