Chapter 4 {A spar with an assassin}

TW: Slight swearing

I followed Leif to the supposingly sparring arena while being amazed by the place.

Leif opened the door to see a huge rectangular concrete field with a bunch of weapons on the side of the field such as a dual war axe, katana, warbow, staff, and a claymore.

I eyed the weapons, I made my way towards the weapons, still eyeing the weapons in fascination.

I picked up one of the giant dual war axe with not so much ease { It wasn't actually humongous but still it was like passed half your size }.

'Heavy... but it's so cool just to pass on weilding this dual war axe!! this is basically a one of a kind opportunity!! you can't keep a weapon like this in our country and even if we had an exact replica, you can't actually do anything with it except for pictures and cosplaying.. plus... I can still wield it with not so much ease but good enough! ' I was practically fan girling over the so majestical and cool dual war axe before I snapped out of the trance to hear Leif calling out to me as warrior over and over.

"Hey warrior, you must really like that war axe to keep eyeing it with a look in your eyes despite having a neutral face" Leif said pointing towards the other war axe on the ground.

"Just pick your weapon already so I can stab you with an excuse of sparring!" Leif yelled impatiently, making me scoff in annoynment.

I crouched down to pick up the other war axe from the ground.

I tried moving my body to get more used to the heavy weight on this dual war axe, meanwhile I saw Leif going to the other side of the arena.

I followed his lead and also went to the other side { opposite of Leif } as he only gave a smirk at me before sprinting towards my direction while I was caught off guard since I was still trying to get used to this giant dual war axe.

But since I had great reaction speed, due to being used to Ava just suddenly fainting and catching her, I was able to block his sickles with both war axes as I kicked him in the stomach to make some distance between us.

Which worked out for some seconds before Leif tried doing a zigzag type of thing to confuse me but I was still able to block the attack and grab one of his sickles which I managed to throw far away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and Leif were still sparring with both of us panting heavily since none of us were planning on giving up.

I finally went on the offense, sprinting towards Leif who was at the back of the arena away from the door which was also the entrance.

He slowly backed away from me still trying to regain his breath as he still was in a fighting stance with his two sickles which he recovered even though I threw it far away, as both of our weapons met and a bunch of exchanged blows { mostly on the weapons }, I made him trip and make his back meet the wall by kicking him the stomach as I raise one of my war axe.

CRACK

I manage to crack the concrete wall of the arena, and I mean like a huge crack... I didn't pay it much attention since I was more busy with looking down on Leif with smirk.

"You..... lost...." I said in between heavy panting.

I looked up at the wall to see my war axe went through the wall..?!

'What the actual f-ck, i knew I was strong but i didn't know I was that strong?! ' I mentally exclaimed with wide eyes, I was in disbelief yet felt proud at the same time for my feats.

I look down at the smirking Leif with some cuts and bruises which he also did the same to me, but after an exhange of eye contact from each other, I heard gasps coming from behind me { The main entrance AKA the door to the sparring arena }.

"Warrior what are you doing in the sparring aren-?!" Rhys exclaimed before he was quickly cut off by Leif standing up and putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Calm down Rhys, I was just sparring with the Warrior" Leif said with a smirk, I could only glance at him while sweat dropping with my poker face, looking back at Rhys, awaiting his response.

"It would of been fine if it was someone else but sickles kill humans, Leif, and it would've been much okay if you didn't have to crack the wall open! you do know it takes up magic to fix that wall crack up!" Rhys yelled angrily obviously furious at mostly Leif.

"Hey hey, it wasn't me who cracked open the wall! They we're the one who did it" Leif said nonchanlantly, glancing at me with a mischevious smirk, which I returned with a glare.

Rhys looked at me with a widened eyes, well not just him.

All of them also had shocked faces. "(Y/N) did that?!" Ava exclaimed in disbelief, I could only shrugg as a response.

'Im as confused as much you are, maybe even more confused.. ' I sweat dropped.

"I don't care who did it, can everyone please just leave so I can fix everything up and that also includes you, prince Asch" Rhys calmly said as all of us just nodded while Asch just scoffed but still left.

The daemos dudes stayed in their pocket dimension, leaving both me and Ava alone in the apartment { Romantic music~ jk jk not yet or maybe? } as soon as both me and Ava stepped in the apartment, Ava started bombarded me with questions.

"Okay okay chillax Ava... im as confused as you are..." I sighed, gripping her shoulders while looking at her straight in the eyes.

"Why don't you feed johnny for now since you only gave him pizza this morning" I said with a weakly smile since I was quite tired from the sparring with Leif.

"Right! I almost forgot" Ava said, making me sigh in relief as she quickly went to rammage one of the grocery bags as she finally was able to find johnny's cat food which Ava calls yum yum's.

'Is yum yum's the actual cat food brand name or what? ' I chuckled at the mere thought.

I sat down on the couch, just wanting to relax for a bit.

"What a minute... you think you could get away with distracting from bombing you with questions!" Ava exclaimed before rushing towards me.

"Look Ava, I'm fine" I said waving my hands with a small smile.

"You are not fine, you are covered with bruises and cuts! did that stupid daemos do this?" Ava said angrily while rubbing her thumb on your bruises.

"I mean it's a normal outcome from sparring isn't it?" I said scratching my chin, making Ava only groane at my excuses.

She rose up and searched through the kitchen drawer before quickly going back to me.

Ava started putting bandages all over my bruises and cuts with a worried face on her look.

"Ava, relax for now okay? get some sleep... I'm pretty sure the other daemos guys were a handful to deal with, so just relax, alright? I told you Im fine.." Ava looked at me in the eyes while pouting and eyeing me as if I was a shady person or something before leaning towards my cheek and giving a light kiss / peck on my left cheek before getting up from the couch and dashing towards her bedroom door and seemingly locking it.

I only remained frozen in place before a grin and a small blush crept on my face as I could only chuckle at her antics.

~(Edited)~