Chapter 11 {Fun}

Ava and the others continued to converse with each other and when I meant by 'converse', I meant they were arguing about something stupid again but I didn't do anything about it, seeing how pointless that would be.

"Thank god nobody goes to the park these days.." Ava grumbled, furrowing her brows.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'You have jinxed us, Ava....' I sighed, looking at the crowds of people. 'I want to go home..' I thought to myself while rubbing my temple to soothe my frustration before staring at the panicked Ava.

"Ugh.. this isn't good.. everyone stick close and-" Ava paused her sentence once she had turned around, only to see me standing there with an unamused and nonchalant expression.

"They already left." I nonchalantly and bluntly said with my arms crossed, staring back at the even more panicked and angered Ava now as she turns her head in different directions to try and spot them.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?" Ava yelled out in frustration, making me scoff.

"Did you really expect them to listen and stay put?" I chuckled in amusement, putting a hand on Ava's shoulder as an attempt to calm her down.

"No but I expect them to atleast let me finish my sentence before running off!" Ava grumbled, her eyes darting everywhere as she spots the boys.

"There they are!" Ava said, pointing towards the boys who were being their dumb yet curious selves.

"(Y/N), you go get Rhys, Noi and Asch! I'll go and set up the picnic blanket real quick before getting Pierce and Leif, okay?" Ava said while walking towards an empty spot on the grass with a tree giving some shade as well as I gave her a quick nod of agreement to her plan before we both separated our ways for the time being to get the boys.

Spotting Rhys first in the distance, I marched towards him in a hasty but calm manner. seeing him speak to two children, who were holding ice creams. just by the sight, I already knew where this was going...

"May I have that ice cream then?" I heard Rhys ask one of the boys, making me sigh as I stood beside him, causing both his and the children's attention to go to me.

But before the child could respond, I spoke. "Rhys, you are not taking a child's ice cream." narrowing my eyes at Rhys to which he looked like he was about to sulk, which was a pretty new look to him.

Since he was obviously dissapointed, I finally gave in to his sulking and went to the ice cream truck with Rhys beside me.

As I was about to order, the ice cream truck man spoke "Ah, you two lovebirds are quite lucky today! we actually have a couple's discount today!" I was quite surprised and embarassed at the man's bold claim on us being a 'couple', feeling my cheeks slightly burn up, which wasn't noticeable, only lasting a few seconds before my cheeks completely go back to my normal skin color, all the while my expression remained unreadable and stoic while on the other hand Rhys was very much bewildered at the term 'couple'..

"Warr- I mean (Y/N), what is a couple?" Rhys asked, looking at me with a curious gaze.

I shrugged off his question, saying "It's not important, you don't need to know what that is." I still took the discount though, I mean it's a discount,  why should I refuse. I just ordered both of us an ice cream and handed Rhys his ice cream to which Rhys immediately forgot what the man said and focused his attention to the ice cream instead.