Chapter 13 {Caught}

~(Hello! I totally didn't disappear for what felt like months and just come back like nothing happened!)~

TW: Slight swearing.

"This is a relic." Ava said, looking at an old camera that Mrs. Oats gave us for us to fix. Earning shocked looks on most of the daemos faces.

"Sure it is..." I muttered, earning a nasty look from Ava. Making me turn my face away from her, looking at the shocked daemos instead.

"Is it powerful?" Asch inquired, narrowing his eyes at both the camera and Ava.

"Can it kill someone?" Leif question, rather enthusiastically like usual. having that manic smile he usually wore.

Both questions from the daemos earned an unamused look from both me and Ava as we both returned our attention back to the task at hand.

I could hear Ava muttering something, most likely complaining on how to fix that thing but couldn't hear it clearly enough.

"Do you even have a clue on how to fix that?" I asked Ava, standing up from the couch as I approached her side, looking into the old camera's gears as I fiddled with them a bit.

"You can fix a relic?" Rhys asked, eyes sparkling with fascination, taking a step forward as he looked at both me and Ava with anticipation.

"No." Both me and Ava responded in unison, making Rhys excited expression slightly dissapointed.

Looking at each other, I tilted my head as if to signal Ava to be the one explaining, to which she responded with a heavy sigh.

Shifting her focus back to the daemos, she began explaining. "Mrs. Oats brought it to both me and (Y/N) and asked both of us to fix it-" Ava explained calmly, looking at the daemos with a calm and collected expression.

"-Despite us having absolutely no clue on how to fix it." I muttered, cutting Ava's sentence off by accident, not that I noticed since I was busy scrolling through my phone for a video on how to fix this goddamn thing. "I give up on trying to fix this 'relic'.. I'm searching a video on how to fix it." I said, furrowing my brows out of frustration as I tapped the screen of my phone. Searching through various videos, trying to find a reliable tutorial.

"Wow, you can learn how to fix relics on your magic slab?" Noi asked, as curious and enthusiastic as always.

"I mean yeah."I replied, focusing all my attention on my phone before I finally found a reliable tutorial video. "Found it." I said, showing it to Ava but of course the daemos had to squeeze in a bit to try and catch a glance on what I was showing Ava.

"Stop squeezing in! I can barely breathe!" Ava yelled out in frustration as she tried pushed all the daemos off her, barely managing to squeeze away since they were far too heavy for her to push.

Taking my phone, she examined the video carefully. Glancing from the phone to the camera from time to time.

"This looks like it's gonna take a while.." Ava muttered, sighing as she rubbed her forehead.

"Because it is gonna take a while." I whispered to Ava sarcastically, crossing my arms.

"I don't need your sarcasm right now." Ava muttered, shooing me off with a hand gesture as I scoffed playfully. Not willing to go away, knowing she didn't really mean it.

"Why does Mrs. Oats even want us to fix this old camera?" I asked, raising a brow.

"Probably gonna use it to take pics of you guys." Ava said, gesturing towards the daemos. "Which I'm sure I could charge her.. for or something since you guys live here and stuff..." Ava mumbled mischeviously, her words trailing off.