Chapter 15 {Choices to make}

~{TW: Mild Cursing}~

'Though I would've preferred if everything went according to planned, this isn't the worst outcome... I guess.' As I continued to contemplate ideas to get out of this mess as soon as possible, my train of thoughts crashed abruptly.

A hand on my shoulder with pink eyes that show concern stared into mine. "(Y/N), are you alright? Is your head in the clouds again? Pop's asking you a question." Ava asked softly, turning my head to look at her. I only nodded slowly in response.

"Sorry, Mr. Andrew. I was just thinking... What was it you were asking?" Turning my head to look at Mr. Andrew, I gave him a soft smile as an apology for ignoring him in exchange for my thoughts.

Shaking his head, Mr. Andrew politely dismissed my apology. "Oh, don't worry about it, (Y/N). I was just asking about what if you were to bring someone too?" Pausing his sentence, he scootched over closer to me. "Maybe someone special?" Saying with a grin, he took a step back giving back my space as I try to properly take in his words into my brain.

To say I was a bit flustered might've been a lie but I tried to shrug it off as simple embarrassment.

Mr. Devon then stared at his husband with disappointment. "Honey, don't pressure them. If they want to bring someone they can, even if it's not a special someone or anything." Glancing at me, Mr. Devon smiled apologetically for how pushy his husband can be despite me already being used to this behavior from the years of being around them as Ava's friend.

Though I must admit it was a good opportunity to get information out of those daemos if I brought them along even if it came with the misunderstanding of a 'special someone', maybe even making them exchange information for information about their world and ours.

But who? This wasn't a matter of who has the best personality nor the best looks or even who was my type, it was a matter of who was most cooperative and would be willing to give up the most information.

Not Asch, he's too stubborn and dangerous, plus bringing him along after what just happened would make both Mr. Andrew and Mr. Devon skeptical and wary. He is just a big no, danger comes along wherever he goes...

And Leif? Just a no immediately, too blood thirsty and wild. No way am I gonna bring practically a wild beast into a restaurant. I would've even benefit if I did, it would just cause pure havoc for everybody. Just having more messes for me to clean up after them.

What about Pierce? He's more mature and subtle than the other two but getting information out of him is like taking a rock out on a walk, it's impossible to make him spit anything valuable with how short he speaks, barely even speaking in full sentences. There's no benefit in bring him either.

But Rhys though, he might just be my choice... Refined and talkative, even if the chance of him slipping up some good hidden details about their actual reason on being here is slim, it would still be worth it. He knows this would be a great chance to get to know more about the world where we currently reside, this is just a simple exchange of information hiding beneath the facade of a dinner to get to know one another.

"Don't worry, Mr. Andrew and Mr. Devon. I'll give the thought some consideration." I say despite already having my mind made up, I'll have to teach Rhys some human manners so he doesn't seem mess up and get caught.

Both Ava's fathers waved us goodbye shortly after our little chat before slowly making their way to the front door, now how do I say this to Rhys without looking like I'm asking him out. Hopefully they don't now about this kind of thing and just roll with it regardless or I'm probably gonna die of embarassment of doing so.