Chapter 16 {Date unsuccessful}

Leaning against the railings of the restaurant's patio, arms resting on it as I watch Ava scramble nervously, trying to think of a plan or probably regretting not having said no when she had the chance to do so.

Turning my head to look at him, Rhys. "Look, once we get in there. you follow me, do not act on impulse or say anything so sudden." Folding my arms firmly, swishing my head to glance at the glass of the restaurant's door.

"Saying anything unnatural to us humans may.. no will come off as odd and suspicious, if you answer or plan to say anything, tell me first." Speaking so bluntly, I needn't anymore unecessary chatting. 

To be frank, I'm genuinely sweating out of nervousity on how we were gonna pull this off. Just what was Ava thinking??

Yet it didn't stop Rhys from inquiring further from what I meant, "What exactly do you mean by unnatural to humans? do we speak such terms that humans don't understand?" Raising a brow, he stood beside me. Posture straight and refined, body language relaxed, hands neatly placed beside him.

"I guess so?" Though I myself wasn't sure aswell how to respond to that, "You say foreign things that don't exactly apply to us humans nor do we get it either." Shaking my head to emphasize my words, I could see Mr. Andrew and Mr. Devon politely chatting with the receptionist for quite enough time for us 4 to speak amongst ourselves.

This truly was nerve wracking for me, how are we gonna pull this off? These guys don't know a thing about human dating...

After a few more minutes of awkward silence, Mr. Devon and Mr. Andrew finally told us to come inside and get seated as I nod along before heading in first but before that I held out a hand to Rhys.

"Hold my hand since we have to act like we're courting each other, let's do it properly." I explained thoroughly, eyes staring right at him, almost as if looking deep into his soul where he could find nothing, having no need to feel so embarrassed. This was a fake date so no need to get feelings involved.

Though I noticed Rhys hesitate, his hand stumbling itself when he tries to grab my hand, cheeks flushing a slight rosy pink before taking a deep breath as he further reaches out and held my hand.

Feeling another gaze from behind, I could see Noi stare at our intertwined hands blankly before immediately shifting his gaze away quickly once he noticed I was staring right at him.

Now as he tries attempting to converse with Ava to seem busy, I was curious about what was going on inside Noi's head but said nothing about it. Instead heading right in, still holding hands with Rhys as I walk to our table while Noi and Ava followed pursuit.

Letting go of Rhys hand immediately after we were seated, I shuffled in my seat slightly before finally speaking to get rid of the silence surrounding us. "We thank you so much Mr. Andrew and Mr. Devon for inviting us out as well even if you didn't have to." Expressing my deep gratitude with a small smile but I couldn't help but stiffen up against their gazes.

It has been a while since this had happened, the last time was probably when me and Ava were in highschool.

"It's nothing, (Y/N). You're practically family to us. So really we should be the one apologizing instead for not doing this sooner when we heard you came back!" Mr. Andrew explained, a tad bit regretful that he had not made time for us before but I just shook my head.

"It's completely fine! Right, Ava?" I inquired, shifting my gaze towards her while the others followed in pursuit.

I felt a bit guilty for driving all the attention towards her but this was all her fault so she needs to take responsibility.