Chapter 17 {Marriage}

{2nd POV}

It was a shame, the point of this date proved to be completely pointless now but there was no giving up... not now, not ever. You were stubborn like that.

The point of this whole ordeal was an exchangement of information, you did not plan on just forgetting about such an important opportunity till you get what you needed.

Their voices chattered, argued, fought right in front of the restaurant's door. Did they even have dignity to atleast lower their voices? the answer to it was quite obvious and blunt, no they infact did not.

Instead of quieting down, they instead began to become louder. it was irritating.

But enough of that, your focus was not on them but instead on Ava. Sure she faints easily when scared but did it stop you from worrying? no, it was funny... usually but not now, the ruckus caused by those daemos was quite stressful.

All eyes felt like they were staring right at you, piercing a hole through your very soul. Such judgemental gazes but were they really staring or was it the stress getting to you? You didn't know.

After assessing that Ava was alright, just indeed unconcious. Your bent knees stood up straight, ready to berate those daemos for all their worth.

Making a straight bee-line for the door, you push it open before turning your head to look at all of them, clearly annoyed and pissed off. "What're you guys even here for? Weren't you all supposed to stay back at the apartment like you're supposed to?"

You try not to raise your voice in favor of not causing more commotion than already done but before you could even utter another word out, Asch pipes up before the rest of them including you. "It's not like you can order us around, (Y/N)." Tongue as sharp as usual and words as ignorant as always.

Shooting a nasty glare their way, you sighed. A headache, that's what they are. They were such a headache and also quite the pain the ass, not just Asch but all of them. Here you thought, thinking you were warming up to them.

"I don't care if you want to listen to me or what but you guys can't be here." You try and reason calmly, trying not to make either of you more annoyed or frustrated as is. Trying to find a way to convince them, you could only think to lie through your teeth. "As you heard, Ava's a princess so interrupting such an important event such an introduction of who was courting Ava in front of her parents would cause a huge uproar! and maybe even severe punishment." With a face as dead as serious, it was as if you were an actor playing on a stage for viewers to see, hiding the truth beneath the surface for no one to unravel ever.

Lies may cause misunderstandments within the future but right now, what you needed to focus on is the present... and the present you is telling you to lie.

The thought of this so called 'severe punishment' sended shivers down all their spines even Pierce, their voices quitened with every word as they whisper amongst themselves. Maybe suspecting you to be lying? Or maybe trying to plan a way to get out of the sticky situation they landed themselves in?

Suddenly, Noi backed out of their conversation and came up to you as his curious amber eyes make contact with yours. "If Ava's a princess, doesn't that make you her knight?" His words intrigued you, maybe even bewildered you. You never expected someone to just come up to you and ask such a question even Noi.

The thoughts circling through your head just all shut off because of that one measly question, just what were just supposed to do? Lie again?

With all the words your brain could come up with, the words you procceded to say were "Yeah...?" With great uncertainty laced within your words, you internally facepalmed. So many words to pick yet you chose the one that sounded the most uncertain and very unconvincing reply but thankfully the daemos were stupid and bought it, well... not Rhys and Pierce though. They seemed to shoot you gazes with very very obvious uncertainty and suspicion within before looking away shortly after once you met their gazes back.