Episode 5: Skills To The Max

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The trainees belonging to the Vocal Team gather to discuss their song. But of course, the first thing everyone does is look at each other's rankings.

"Wow, we are all really high in vocal!" Howon exclaimed.

"Of course, why wouldn't we be?" Sangjin scoffed, finding the comment a bit ridiculous.

"Well last season, trainee Chingyi was in the Vocal team and she was a 3, not a 4 or 5 like us." Chanmin explained, proving that Howon's comment wasn't as ridiculous.

"Yeah, and like at least we all specialize in vocal, unlike the rap group over there." Heeun said, causing all the members to glance at the group who only had three members actually specialize in rap.

"Let's not focus on other groups!" Minjae exclaimed, bringing everyone's attention back to their own group. "Do we have any ideas on what to sing?"

Everyone was quiet for a moment, until maknae Howon spoke up. "What about D.S.H-Y's You're My Shooting Star?! I like that song."

"It is a good song, but it has a lot of rap." Minjae said, trying to sound nice while denying the idea. "We all have a 0 in rap, so I don't think we should do a song with rapping in it."

"Oh yeah." Howon scratched his head like he was thinking.

"What about Nine15's You're My Twenties, or Lunacy's Oh My Chocolate? They are both vocal-only songs."

"Oh, those are good ones hyung!" Howon exclaimed.

"You're My Twenties is a cool song." Heeun said.

"But I feel like it won't have the kind of impact Oh My Chcolate does which is more of an actual ballad." Sangjin explained.

"But You're My Twenties has more signature adlibs." Minjae explained.

"But Oh My Chocolate has good harmonies for us to show off." Chanmin said.

"Looks like we're split then." Heeun said. "How are we going to decide?"

"Random generator!" Howon exclaimed.

"Howon, no." Junwon said, thinking it wasn't a good idea.

"No, wait, why not? It'll make it easy for us to decide." Heeun said, pulling out his phone.

He quickly looked up a random chooser generator and put the two songs in the list. He pressed the choose button and one of the songs popped up.

"Oh My Chocolate." Heeun said, showing the screen to everyone.

"Alright, Oh My Chocolate it is then!" Minjae exclaimed.

"It's a five-member song though so we'll have to figure out the line distribution." Chanmin said.

"Easy." Junwon said then went onto explain. "There's seven verses in the beginning, one of them having two small parts so one person can have both of those. And then the chorus each has three voices singing, so three of us do the first chorus and the other three the second chorus. And then there's four parts for the middle verse and two parts at the end so each of us will get three parts."

Everyone stared at the male who explained that so easily.

"Wow, how did you come up with that so quickly?" Chanmin asked.