Episode 8 - Part 3: Passionate Main Vocalists

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chanmin was busy practicing his vocals when the door opened. He immediately turned to the door to see the male who was closer in age compared to his other collab partner.

"Hello." Chanmin bowed respectfully, knowing the male was on the quieter side.

"Hello." The male, who was Miànjù of Leg10nds, muttered through his bow.

"How are you?" Chanmin asked after a long moment of silence.

Miànjù was surprised but answered the question. "I am good. And you?"

"Me too." Chanmin nodded.

It was right then that the door opened, revealing the second partner. It was almost as if Chanmin felt relieved when he saw the bright idol.

"Hello!" The male said as he walked in.

"Hello Noel sunbaenim." Chanmin bowed respectfully to the Last Chance member.

"Oh, no need." Noel shook his hand. "I'm younger."

Chanmin just snickered. "Well, now that we're all here, should we discuss the song?"

"Yes, of course!" Noel exclaimed. "Did you have one in mind?"

"Not necessarily." Chanmin shook his head. "But I wanted to do a ballad."

"Like what kind of ballad?" Miànjù added, raising a brow.

"A strong vocal one." Chanmin said cautiously as he looked at the male.

Miànjù looked down.

"Is that not okay?" Chanmin asked, sensing the male's feelings.

"It's your performance." Noel said. "We should do whatever you want."

Chanmin looked at Miànjù who just nodded. "Noel is right. Whatever you want is fine."

"Well, what about VAR13TY's 'My Dorothy'?" Chanmin suggested. "It's a strong song that could show off everyone's vocals."

"I love it!" Noel exclaimed. "A song by main vocals for the main vocals!"

Miànjù scoffed. "I'm not a main vocal. I'm not even a lead."

"Yes you are." Noel said. "You get the same lines as Michael sunbaenim. He's a lead vocalist, therefore you are too."

Miànjù's eyes widened.

"You've had a solo before." Chanmin added. "And it was a really good song. I think it proved that you have strong vocals. If I didn't think that I wouldn't have chosen you."

Miànjù was surprised by the words but touched. "Thank you."

"So does that mean we can do the song?!" Noel asked.

Miànjù just nodded. "I was never against it."

"Yay!" Noel exclaimed.

And with that, the boys split their parts, Miànjù taking Seohun's, Noel taking Hanjin's, and Chanmin taking Moon's, and they started practicing.

*****

Sangjin walked into the practice room to find the younger male already waiting for him. The male stood up and bowed but Sangjin could tell he was nervous.