Getting Worse

A.N.: I am so sorry for the long wait. I thought I had an entire summer, but then it flew by with work, summer classes, and other things that need to get done.Sorry again, now sit back and enjoy.

~~~~~~~

A few days after my breakdown the Handymen, Doug, Bree, and I were back in the U.S. Even managed to lose the drone before it could catch up with us. Don't need the Volturi snooping where they're not wanted. Traveling through portals to get where everyone needs to be before taking Bree with me to the Cullens. Her family already thinks she doesn't exist to begin with no skin off my back. Might not be the best idea to take her to the Cullens but there is a few things that need to be explained and a plan to defeat Victoria and her newborn army.

Pulling up the familiar driveway of the Cullens home. Killing the ignition, getting out the yellow classical muscle car.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Bree asked for the hundredth time, might I add.

"No, but I'm not leaving you alone for Victoria to try and kill you." I explained.

"How do you know they're not going to try and kill me when they see me?"

"'Cause I'll send all of them through house and the woods if they so much as think about it." Walking up the steps with Bree behind me. "Besides, once they calm down and everything is explained they'll back off," knocking on the door.

"I don't know." Still sounding hesitant.

"Have faith in me will you. Once we get this over with the faster I can get started recruiting some backup for the battle to come and the battle to come but what I fear is the war that is also coming, but I don't know what. I have a hunch, I just hope I am wrong."

Bree opened her mouth to say something when the door flew open. I was engulfed into a literal bone crushing hug. Damn me and not focussing on my surroundings. "Carlisle, can't breathe. Carlisle?" Patting his back to get his attention.

" I have missed you. Forgive me for leaving. I am sorry. It was torture beinging away from you all those months."

"Yeah," I rasp, trying to breathe. "I miss you too, but I need to breathe Carlisle." He didn't seem to hear me, in fact his grip got tighter. I was beginning to see black spots. "Carlisle." A squeak is only coming out. Not only was I not getting any air. I couldn't use my magic to push him off for some reason. There wasn't even a cry from Bree from behind me.

With the black spots increasing my vision along with Carlisle's grip, I could feel my bones beginning to protest in pain. Causing my back to bend backwards like a bow. From my peripheral vision a window was reflecting the scene from behind Bree in pieces. Her head ripped off the shoulders, midsection bisected from her torso, and arms torn and thrown in different directions. Poor girl probably didn't get the chance to scream.

"N.....No...."Trying to break free from Carlisle but it was futile. I'm powerless. I grunted and gave a silent scream and continued to scream as much as I can get out when my spine began to break.

"Forgive me my Incense." He whispered in my ear, like he's telling me a secret. "But the King's will not have you. If I can't have you then neither will they." Was all he said when something loud snapped and everything went black.

I sat up abruptly gasping for air. My body was shaking from my dream. Trying to catch breath as I observe my surroundings. An engine could be heard, and the familiar sight of the back window, black leather seats with yellow accents.

'I'm in my car, but when did I get to the backseat? No! When did I leave the hotel?'

"You alright?" Bree asked from the driver seat, looking at me through the rearview mirror.