𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓❂

Hela sat in front of Jasper as they stared at each other.

After Lucifer and Chris left, Hela stood awkwardly before going to sit down. She offered him a blood bag, but he told her that they were vegetarians and drank from animals. Hela awkwardly chuckled at that and nodded, ever since then they have been staring at each other in silence.

Hela was were having a staring contest, but she knew she was going to lose, after all he was a vampire.

Jasper sighed "You said we were going to talk about it?"

"Wel- Yes, but I don't want to..." Hela trailed off.

Jasper scoffed and stood up while asking "Then why am I still here?"

"I don't know. Okay I just- I- Ughh" Hela stuttered and groaned.

"You keep pushing me away one moment and then give in the next! What do you want? We both obviously can't stay away from each other and the mate bond is messing us up!" Jasper frustratedly yelled "Look. Did something happen? Did I do something? You aren't telling me anything!"

"Because I can't!" Hela snapped and stood up in anger "There are only 3 living people, in the entire world, Who know about my past! They know because I think of them as family and if they judge me, shame me or anything else. I don't care because I know they don't mean it, I know that even though they say  horrible things, they care for me and would never hurt me! But you... You I don't know, you are something that's supposed to be my everything, the thing that consumes my every thought, but that thought is corrupted by my past and that exact past, you will judge or insult me for it and probably hurt me. I don't know what I want, so I ask you. What do you want?"

Jasper walked over to her and grabbed her face to wipe the stray tears, he admitted "I just want you" She slightly flinched and again a rush of fear ran through her "I don't know why you get this fear" He laid one hand on her collarbone "But your fear, I will kiss away if you want me to. Every flinch, I will sooth and I'll never harm you. Just let me in this half beating heart and I promise to never break it."

That made all Hela's walls crack and she started to cry as Jasper went on his knees as he hugged her stomach.

He held her as she broke down, even when her knees had grown weak from standing and she fell, even when she had fallen asleep in his arms.

-=𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫=-

Hela shifted and felt nothing beside her. She opened her eyes, fully awake now and slowly sat up. Jasper was gone and the whole thing felt like a dream.

He left her and her thoughts went dark, but before it could go to the worst. Jasper walked in, he was wearing sweats and he speeded to her as he felt her negative emotions.

"Hey, hey, hey shhh" He grabbed her in a hug and ignored her flinch "I am here and I was just making you breakfast."

Her eyes went to his and he smiled as he put his forehead on her's while whispering "Shoo away bad thoughts."

Hela chuckled and sniffed the air "Is something burning?"

Jasper's eyes went wide and he yelled "The pancakes!"

He ran to the kitchen as Hela was uncontrollably laughing and rolling on the floor as she had fallen off the couch.

Hela had stood up and walked to the kitchen. Jasper noticed her as she walked in and whined "No, this was supposed to be a breakfast in... on the couch."

"Well since you burned the pancakes, I thought I would save you from the torment of creating new ones and just eat the delicous fruits" She said dramatically as she bit into a strawberry "Mm, nice. So, I am going to get dressed and then I am giving you a story time."

"You are?" Jasper said as he leaned over the counter, closer to her.

Hela got real close to his face and hummed "Yep."

Jasper hummed as well and started to lean in to kiss, but Hela quickly put a strawberry in her mouth and walked away while snickering.

Jasper stared at her and muttered while shaking his head "Tease."

-𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫-

Hela walked downstairs and saw that Jasper was sitting at the table on his phone.

She walked to him and he looked up while smiling at her, he complimented her "You look beautiful."

Hela rolled her eyes a little and asked "Who were you texting?"

"Edward. He is taking Bella to Arizona this week and he knew I was with you, so he asked me to tell you" Jasper confessed as he smiled gently at her.

Hela hummed and sat down while beginning "Okay, so please I want no tears, no pity and no 'I'm sorry's' Okay?"

Jasper nodded and Hela began telling him everything, her parents, her ex-husband and her demon life.

When she got into her husband, Jasper had tensed and his hands clenched. Hela breath hitched, afraid that he would hurt her. He noticed that and instantly calmed down.

When she finished her pulled her into a hug and she whined "I said no pity!"

"This is not pity. This is a 'Thank you for telling me' hug" Jasper said as he smiled and had slight teary eyes, but she couldn't see them "Want me to tell you a story?"

She looked confused, but nodded.

He smiled and told her about Maria and his first years as a vampire.

he added "All these years. I have felt guilty and alone, But the minute I saw you walk into the room. All of that went away."

Hella hugged him and he joked "I don't want any pity!"

"This isn't pity. This is a 'Thank you for telling me' hug" Hela laughed and joked back.

They held their foreheads against each other and smiled "Why don't we take it slow?" Jasper whispered.

"I'd like that" Hela whispered back and smiled. Silently Hela said in her head 'better terrible truths than kind lies'

They stared at each other in silence. They had wished it would stay like this forever, but nothing ever does.