°•~05~•°

•[Always]•

Y/N sat in silence as Officer Laney checked her papers. She was radioed in this morning. Y/N's eyes dart around the room as she waited.

"Okay. Let's get this started." Officer Laney gave Y/N a smile. Y/N returned it.

"Y/N, I've heard enough to let you go."

Y/N felt her heart drop. "Wait, what?"

Laney exhales. "Officer Foreman told me that you took nearly two minutes uncuffing our most dangerous prisoner with one free arm." She says.

Y/N exhales. "I assure you that it was not two minutes, Officer Laney. Officer Foreman just don't like me."

"Y/N, when dealing with these prisoners in close proximity you have to be on your guard and move quickly. Taking your time with them would only lead to chaos." She explains.

"He didn't harm me."

"Only because Officer Foreman had to step in for you."

"I had it under control." She argues.

"No you did not!"

Silence. Y/N couldn't believe her ears. She just got here and she's already being fired. Officer Laney felt bad and exhaled.

"Listen, Y/N, prisoner 03695 is not a prisoner to be taken lightly. We take a lot of precaution when it comes to him. He is a loose cannon and he's highly unpredictable. You could have died yesterday."

"I understand."

Laney took her glasses off and sat back. "I'm not going to fire you, I'm just going to make you a guard. Due to your resume you were really good at that job. I think making you a CO was too much of a promotion."

Y/N felt relief wash over her.

"You're a female in this facility and anything can happen. So, I will put you as a guard. Guard doors, make floor runs and make sure that doors are locked in certain parts of the area. You'll also be on solitary watch with two others. Officer Tachibana and..." She paused, leaning up to check her change of schedule.

"Oh...it's just Tachibana. Solitary watch is only a side job for him. I keep forgetting that this a private facility." She clicked her tongue.

"Well, for now you will be working with Naoto Tachibana until I can find another person to work with you. It'd be too much paper work and schedule change if I do that now."

She rubbed her eyes, grabbing her glasses again.

"So...do I have a different schedule?"

"Oh, yeah. Here." Laney searched her desk and got frustrated. "Ugh, it was just here." She checked under folders and in her desk drawer to see where she could have misplaced it.

"Oh, here." Laney passed her the paper and Y/N took it.

"I start shift now?"

"Uh-

A ring of her phone cut her short. When she saw the caller Y/N noticed a frown.

"Yeah, I'll call you when I need you." Officer Laney said. "Oh and contact the number at the bottom for a station change." She quickly adds.

Y/N nodded and left the room. She exhaled heavily as she glanced at the schedule. As Y/N read it she groaned.

"Kitchen watch, really?" She sighs. "Well at least that's not until tomorrow." She mutters to herself. Y/N continued to study her schedule.

"Solitary watch. Every Monday and Thursday." Y/N stopped and checked her phone. It's Thursday. She quickly checked the time on the paper.

"Three to five?" Y/N then checked the time on her phone and cussed.