°•~20~•°

•[Letting You Go]•

Laney's eyes shot open and she heaved in a breath. Her brows scrunched and her vision went in and out of focus.

She touched her side and choked. She passed out due to shock. Laney rolled to her side, groaning as she pulled herself to her feet.

It took her about a minute to figure out what has happened, when she did she wished to have forgotten again. Laney cussed upon seeing Foreman.

"Sanzu you...bastard." Laney made her way out of F Block to see where Sanzu had gone. Upon her slow travel she saw dead bodies left and right. It made her blood boil to it's hottest.

Her left fist balled and her right hand clutched her wound. She let her guard down and because of it people are dead because of her. To be honest, she's glad she isn't.

Laney turned hall to hall spotting body after body. "Jesus Christ." Laney continued to shuffle down the halls, getting closer and closer to chaos. To be honest, the eerie silence made her blood run cold.

The fact that Sanzu nearly killed her without hesitation. She wondered if he was the one that killed all of them. She wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Laney went to her office and stumbled in. She went over to her desk and picked up her pack of cigarette. She pulled one out by her mouth and grabbed her lighter. Laney lit her smoke and inhaled sharply.

She heard gunshots, which made her chuckle. She found it all funny in a way. "Should've been on death row." Laney tossed the lighter on the desk and took her shirt off.

Using her fingers she dug into her skin, fishing for the bullet. After a painful minute she took it out and tossed it. Laney took another pull of her cigarette and exhaled.

She went over to her desk drawer and pulled out a roll of bandages. Using that she wrapped her wound tightly to stop the bleeding. After that Laney grabbed her personal pistol from the drawer and closed it shut.

She fixed her glasses and left the office. Her heels tapped against the tiled floor and it echoed.

Laney flicked her cigarette as she got closer to the front of the prison. She's on edge. The fact that every officer she's passed is dead...means that Sanzu dominated the facility the moment he had it shut down.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Laney pushed through the doors upon realizing that Sanzu had been planning this ever since the power went out. She should've known better. Maybe if Y/N was here earlier it would've been avoided.

When Laney stepped outside she saw a helicopter. Not only that the yard is filled with prisoners fighting other officers, some being locked up, whilst others are being gunned down.

Laney felt a bile at the back of her throat as she gazed at the chaos. 

She stepped out of the gate and made her way across the grassy terrain where Sanzu is holding Y/N and shouting at the helicopter above.

Laney trudged over waving up at the helicopter to try to get them to leave. She's thinking about Y/N's safety.

"Fucking shoot me then! I'll haunt your asses! Go on! Do it pussies!"

"Step away from the girl now!"

"Fuck you!" Sanzu shot at the helicopter twice before placing the barrel to Y/N's head.

"Sanzu!"

He glanced at Laney and smiled. "L-Laney, you're alive! How disappointing. That's actually the first time someone survived. I'm impressed."