°•~10~•°

•[Mine]•

Y/N placed down another card, smiling at the man sitting across from her. He glanced at her, a smirk playing his lips, then, he set the card down.

"I win."

Y/N frowns. "Ah crap." She says looking at the finished game of uno. She knew she should've went with red instead of green.

It's been a week ever since the Sanzu commotion. She got rehired and she's now been stuck on solitary watch. She doesn't mind since she doesn't have to go in the stall to give Sanzu his things.

Such as food or books. She's always in the control room with Naoto. However he's rarely around since he's got cases piling on him.

She thinks he might permanently move soon due to him being a detective. He had told her that he's only here because Laney was short staffed and he wanted extra money.

Nothing he needs, just something he wants. That, and he's close to the people affiliated with his sister's death.

"This is your tenth game." She mutters, tossing her red card down. Naoto laughs, gathering the cards.

"Probably have to do something with me being a detective and a good cop." He says, shuffling the cards. "Want another game?"

She exhales. "No, I'll only break something." Naoto grins, his brows raising.

For the past week they'd chill in their section, just watching the cameras and stepping out for lunch.

Even when he doesn't need to be here he is. But only for an hour or two to keep her company. And so far he's been enjoying it.

"Alright, no more games. How about lunch?"

"I am a bit hungry, but I want SubWay."

"I don't have a problem getting it." He suggests. Y/N gave him a look.

"That's like three hours away though. It'd be extra cold by the time you get back." She explains.

Naoto got up from his seat, a smile playing his features.

"I'm a cop, Y/N. I can break the rules of speed and safety for you."

She smiles, leaning back in her chair.

"What if you get caught and receive a ticket?"

"Tell them that it's a simple emergency." He tease. Y/N spun in the chair.

"I want coffee too. If you reach back with all the ice still in the cup, I'll give you fifty dollars."

"Is this...a challenge?" He faintly smiles.

"Your time starts now, Naoto Tachibana."

Naoto stood there for a moment before quickly leaving the booth. Y/N chuckled at his action and even caught an excited smile on his face as he left.

She shook her head, grinning lowly. Her eyes drift to the monitors, looking as Tachibana left the narrow hallway.

She exhales as deafening silence crept up on her. She sat for about ten minutes doing nothing.

Her eyes drift back to the monitors that headed down the hall to Sanzu's cell.

That day was an interesting day for her. Not only that, he passed out when Laney cuffed him.

Apparently he cut himself with a sharp piece of rock. He lost a lot of blood and had to be taken to the infirmary.

Two days later he was thrown right back down here in his cell. Y/N exhales, pressing the button to the intercom that connects to the small speaker on the other side.