The Attack

"Daddy! Look over there!"

A young child was pulling her father's hand along, who was merely laughing at his daughter's enthusiasm. The two were spending a good day out in the city, something rare for both of them.

They went to the beachside of Seattle that day, and it was bright and sunny, the perfect weather for a good day in the sun. They were dressed up properly as well, with him in swimming trunks and the little girl in a one piece child's swimwear.

"Want to go play in the sand Siara?"

"Yeah!" She ran from him to the sand, immediately getting to work making a sand castle with wet bits of sand she gathered and putting in flags of sticks and other assorted things she found all over the beach.

The man kept a good eye on her, smiling at her having fun before he felt his trunks vibrating. Knowing he was getting a call from someone, he reached into his pocket, answering it.

"Hel-"

"Ren, how is Siara?"

"Damn, you shut me down pretty quick there."

"You know exactly why."

Ren sighed, knowing that this woman was always like that. These two weren't even married, but thanks to a...certain drunken mistake a few years back, Siara was born into the world.

"She's doing fine, I took her to the beach since I'm off today."

"Makes sense that your officers give you more time off since you're the one raising her. I wish I could be in her life more often..."

Ah, there's that side of her none but him get to hear, and that's the sensitive side of this ridiculous woman. Hell, he could barely believe the two of them actually got into a room together, let alone had sex.

She's a lesbian after all, but he guessed she was too frisky and out of it to care that she fucked a man at that point. It was quite the opposite, she seemed happy she did that, even saying she always wanted a child.

"Hello? You still there Ren?"

"Yeah I'm here, sorry about spacing out Naoya."

"Good. Just...keep doing good by her, okay?"

"I know, you don't need to worry."

With that, the woman hung up the call. She was always like this with him, and like he knew, she was still somewhat hostile with him despite him helping take care of their child.

But it's still unbelievable...he wasn't even that high up the chain of command in Azur lane, an officer who was once a candidate for being given the Commander role in Pearl Harbor itself, but when the child came along, he elected to stay back on the main land and help raise her. It didn't help that the mother was Admiral Heko herself, since she can rarely even visit her daughter no matter how much she wants to every single day.

It's safe to say that Siara is one of the many reasons Naoya is happy today.

The young girl was busy building her big sandcastle still, and was making little indents for window in the sand before she saw the shadow of a person getting closer. Before she looked up, she saw someone's hand reach past her and poke a hole in the castle to help make windows.

"Charming little thing this sandcastle is."

Siara looked up at the woman, giving her a smile. "Yep! I worked real hard on it!"

"Well you did good." She gently patted Siara's head before standing back up.

Her golden eyes betrayed who she was, and Iowa looked around the beach to the many people enjoying their day here. She also saw a man looking at the two of them interact, a watchful gaze that she could only link to parenthood.