Homecoming

Even if he said too, not a single sound was made between the two sides. Teiro was sitting in his chair, lounging as he always did and calmly sipping from his cup while the Abyss Queen remained rooted in place, not moving an inch.

Haku looked between both parties, believing this was a private matter once she smelt the tension. She stood up, her tail uncurling as she bowed to the Abyss Queen. "I'll be outside and guarding the entrance."

"...Yes...do that Haku."

She scooted past her, and jumped up to the Catwalk and out of sight, soon out of hearing distance as well. Even then, the Abyss Queen didn't move.

"You gonna get over here so we can talk? Sorry about not having a second chair, but I usually don't expect guests, especially not Queens." He put down his cup, a smug and somewhat perverse smile soon coming to his face. "Although, I'll gladly let you take my lap as a seat."

...

The Abyss Queen sighed, raising a hand to her head and getting closer, putting that very hand out to the other side of the table and creating a seat for herself to rest on. "I would rather not."

"Well, your funeral. My wife says they're amazing to lay on."

"Clearly she's delusional. You're speaking to the woman who is waging war on your entire species, and the first thing you do is flirt."

"Hey, you're pretty, it's natural."

"Tsk...you were always like this..."

"Hm? What do you mean by that?"

The Abyss Queen flinched, almost imperceptibly, but she flinched enough to be caught by the Scientist. His gaze sharpened again, and he leaned forward with his hands crossed. "What. Do. You. Mean?"

"...Such a question is unimportant to larger matters at hand."

...

Teiro sighed, leaning back into his usual lazy position. "Fine, makes sense to me. So, why'd ya do it?"

"Emphasize."

"Seattle."

"Emphasize."

"Yes."

The Abyss Queen smiled, finally sitting on her chair as she faced Teiro Akiji down. "I suppose it's best to start from the City. It was a calling point, a wake up message to all the Human Race."

"So killing several hundreds of thousands was a wake up call?"

"More or less. There isn't much to pull from that other than Seattle being the unlucky target picked from a bunch of Coastal cities." The Abyss Queen looked him dead in the eyes, her Golden eyes shining bright. "Would you rather we annihilated Los Angeles?"

"Oh I wish, that place is a Hellhole." He took a sip of coffee, laughing to himself for a moment after. "Hell, I'm sure if you sacked the place, it'd end up better than before."

Her hand went in front of her lips, which she did to hide the smile she had at his words. "If that's the case, why are you so caught on Seattle's destruction?"

"Think of it from our view for a moment. Everything is going on just as normal, the war against the Sirens has all but ceased as Siren activity has become basically unheard of, and everyone is beginning to finally relax."

He raised his hands, one hand with a finger up, while the other curled in a fist. "Then we get cut off from the city of Seattle, and when things finally come back online..."

He hit his finger with his fist. "Bam! The single worst incident of recent History."

He put his hands down, facing her fully once more. "I'm sure you understand that we're all equally pissed off and eager for revenge against you for that, right?"