The Collapse

"This thing on...hey, hey! Shit, why did I have to chose today to come to Seattle for vacation?!"

This panicky voice was one belonging to a young woman, who was streaming from her phone in the broken down rubble of a building that was once a restaurant. The chat quickly filled up due to the young woman's rising popularity, but once this tense situation came to light, and people started seeing her setting and what she was surrounded by.

Safe to say that many other streamers across the world, were soon told to drop everything and watch.

She spent the next several minutes hyperventilating in the corner, scarily close to an actual corpse that had his chest crushed in by falling rubble. "S-So, the entire city is under attack...I m-managed to hide in this restaurant and whenever one o-of those...things, comes around, I play dead! It worked so far..."

She quickly took notice of the rising view count, rising well into the thousands, more than any other stream she had. "W-Wow...you sure spread the word didn't you all? T-Thank you, people need to know that shit is going down here. I'm in the city of S-Seattle in the United States, and-"

Heavy footsteps echoed from somewhere nearby, and the viewers noted her sudden change to a fearful state as she laid limp and pretended to be dead. Her phone dropped to her lap, allowing the viewers a small glance at what was the thing she was hiding from.

The thing there was a Ri-class, the first Abyssal shown to the world at large thanks to her livestream, and it was crouched in the window, looking at all of the corpses around with careful eyes...then hopping down and running off.

"...S-See? It works r-really well." She picked up the phone again, her hands shaky after getting another glimpse at one of the creatures out there.

Her chat was blowing up, in utter terror at the thing in the window, most remarking how it looked human, but with the designs, and the information given to the public, they couldn't be Sirens. While they were all spamming the chat and putting in random ideas and wonders about these strange things, the girl finally stood up from where she was, taking a steadying breath before beginning to move.

"Okay...I need to get to higher ground, it'll b-be the only place a bit safer. T-They don't target broken buildings from w-what I saw."

Crawling across the floor and keeping low, the girl made absolutely sure no monsters were around as she carefully navigated through broken rubble and corpses of others who weren't as fortunate as she was. This restaurant was built on the first floor of a triple story building, so she opted to go up from there and use that higher place as a hiding spot.

Reaching the stairs, she slowly climbed up them with shaky and unsteady feet, her mind and body finally catching up to the shock of everything happening. "E-Everyone watching...I'm n-not sure if I'll make it out a-alive today..."

She didn't look at the chat, knowing most are probably still caught on the monster she saw and trying to give her words of encouragement that mean nothing in this scenario. What can someone do against beasts like this if they find you? Nothing, nothing at all.

Reaching the second floor, she heard heavy footsteps rumbling from somewhere, and her eyes darted to a nearby window going out to the streets below: she couldn't help her curiosity seeing as she was mostly hidden from view when looking through it. Ever so carefully, she pulled herself to the window and viewed through it, seeing a monster unlike the one she saw jump through the window...no, this one looked much bigger and more dangerous.

She slowly wandered through the streets, gaze unmoving from the path ahead of her even when there was objects in her path. It seems this one was heavy and tough enough that she truly didn't care about the things in her way and just...bulldozed through them.