Hell's Champion

The Hunter
—————

Most of the Humans have already cleared far away, most evacuating from the actual compound itself since being within close proximity to a Ship battle almost guaranteed death. The Kansen of Azur lane were stood together and primed for battle, while the Right Hand of the Abyss Queen stood uncaring, her hair gently flapping in the wind while she waited.

Ryuujou, as not only the most experienced, but also the oldest, was the most cautious of the stare down. Usually, these types, of which they learned are called Re's not too long ago, are usually on par with the intelligence of a young child.

As in, they're smart enough to catch you by surprise, but it's fairly easy to outsmart them and get them to do something stupid. This one in front of them spoke sincerely and clearly, and even as she stood there, the gaze in her one good eye spoke of an intellect greater than the usual Re's.

"Girls...she's much different than the usual ones..."

They heard her, but didn't want to pull their eyes away incase she did something then. The tension grew more and more, and all Haku did was stand there and watch, seemingly unaffected by the rising grip of worry clinging to the Kansen.

...

Kii was the first to flinch, one of her cannons aimed at Haku firing heavy shells straight to her head. Haku's snapped to the side, narrowly evading the shells and letting them hit into a Bunker, detonating whatever machine was in there.

Her tail whipped forward, her own shells firing back that Kii also got away from, having jumped to avoid them. However, mid jump, she heard another whistling sound, her eyes widening as another pair of shells flew towards her when she couldn't dodge.

"Shit!" She brought her Ōdachi to bear, bracing the flat of the blade as she was hit. The shells pushed her back with their weight and power, sending her to the waters, but still okay.

"Kii! Katsuragi, be careful now!" Ryuujou and Katsuragi both were still in the process of launching their planes, but Kii was already pushed back, so they needed to retreat with her to stay safe.

"You all started this fight, but I'm ending it. I still have a job to do." Haku wasted no time, dashing forward towards Katsuragi as her tail's teeth aimed to bite her in two.

Katsuragi was not faster than she was, and even while she was trying to flee to the water, she felt the Re get closer and closer. Haku was practically on top of her, before her hearing caught the sounds of whistling, and she quickly stopped, her tail biting the floor and pulling her aside before shells slammed to where she once was.

She looked back to the water, seeing Kii standing and stable once more. "If you want them...you have to get through me!"

"A poor choice of words." The glint of a plan sparked behind her eye, worrying Kii as to what she was planning on doing.

Haku rushed forward, vaulting off the Docks and landing on the water to face Kii down. Her guns were still on reload, so she raised her Ōdachi and sprang forward to stab the Abyssal.

Haku moved to the side, ducking under as Kii swung her blade to try and decapitate her. Her leg went out and hit Kii's stomach, her hoof only making the impact hurt even more.

Haku backed away, keeping her eyes on Kii while the Carriers got around them, retreating behind their Battleship guard once more. While Kii was still recovering, she stood back, keeping an eye on the Carriers who now started to deploy their planes.

"Damn...y-you hit hard..."

"I'm not the best for no reason. Forfeit this and allow me to leave, last chance."