The Earth...Swallowed Whole

Sailing through the ocean was usually a lovely thing, one that many Kansens enjoyed doing every now and then. They're all living ships after all, it's their home, and their birthright to rule the waves.

However, on this day, where dozens of Kansens from both Japan and China gathered...this feeling didn't remain. Many were worried for their lives, especially due to the risk of their current operation.

With heavy hitters like Battleships Nagato, Fusou, and Kii, several Aircraft Carriers like Akagi and Kaga, Chitose, and many others such as Yat Sen, Hai Chi, Chen Hai...many, many Kansens were here, and all for one purpose.

They were here to do their damndest to save the people of the Philippines from the biggest attack of the Abyssals ever seen thus far. Many didn't know if they would survive today, fewer still if they would even live to actually fight, knowing the tactic of ambush combat the Abyssals regularly employ.

Naturally, with the horrible tension in the air, it was relatively silent.

...

"Yat Sen." Nagato's voice cut through the air, making the Cruiser she spoke to jump from the sudden shock.

"Y-Yes?"

"I want to thank you, and everyone else you've brought along for this. We will need all the help we can get for whatever nightmares lurk ahead, and even if the Americans are going to assist as well, they simply aren't close enough for immediate response like us. Every hand helps, so again, I thank you."

A smile came to Yat Sen's face, her mood, and the other Chinese ships' moods, all raised quite a bit thanks to it. "Of course. It is Mankind against the Abyssals now, we will come to aid our friends whenever we can."

Nagato went to speak, but Kii went first, her eyes sharp and staring ahead. "I see smoke! We're getting close!"

Sure enough, up ahead were rising smoke clouds on the horizon, definitely from the burning cities of Manila and Quezon City. Everyone's scanners worked in overtime, making sure that there were no Abyssal's anywhere under them before they dared approach closer.

The smoke only grew thicker and thicker, the skies soon blanketed in black as the actual cities...or rather, the ruins of them, came into view. The sight alone made many nearly stop, never having seen such destruction even when the Sirens were their enemy instead of these new ones.

"Gods above..." Nagato couldn't peel her eyes away, both horrified and furious beyond belief at the sight.

Untold numbers of innocent lives may have been lost, and worse still, the Abyssals may still be heading further in land, tracking down and killing even more people without stop. It was only now that the situation truly set into their head, only when faced with this chaos.

The Abyssals were here for destruction and death, nothing less would satisfy them.

"This is...oh my God..."

"S-So much..."

"Wha...h-how...?"

The reactions of many were echoing over, seeing the horrid destruction that reigned in the Philippines. There wasn't many buildings in the cities left untouched, and there was no sound as they grew closer, only the waves, the wind, and the roaring flames.

Nagato's expression melted of shock and horror, a calm mask coming to bear as a deep fury took hold. "These monsters...they're going to do this all over the Philippines unless we put them down first."

"I doubt it'll be easy either. Who knows how many people are still alive, and if there are a lot, how long until they aren't?" Yat Sen, even though she was equally furious, kept her cool to explore the situation.