Handmaiden

"You."

It cant be true. It shouldnt.

Those words echoed around my head as everyone seems to keep their mouth shut at the surprise. Their eyes be staring with a frown formed on their eyebrows when the guilt starts to trip upon them. Upon me.

"Ryujin. What are you waiting for? Go on. The king is waiting for you."

Her round dark brown eyes meet my quivering one. She smiles at me. Nodding at me before taking small steps beside the madam.

I know she tries to assure me but she fails. Tremendously.

As a handmaiden, it is a must for us to pleasure the head of this castle that is the king whenever he feels like it. There is a bunch of us. All from different range of age but we all have to wait until we reach our eighteenth birthday for us to fully submitting ourself upon the king's requests. It is a silent rule that has yet to be broke until this evening when the king asks for our attendance only for him to pick our little one.

Ryuddaeng.

It is obvious that she is the youngest than us all visibly from her height and body structure but the king doesnt seem to care since the younger is undeniablely gorgeus for anyone's sight. Her milky fair skin. Her enchanting sweet smile. Her alluring brown eyes. I guess the king just couldnt wait anymore to touch her doesnt him?

We have been close. We take care for each other as if we are blood related and I know it is not wrong that the king wants her since we are all his property after all but she is my sister. I couldnt help but to feel bad for her. To feel protective over her. To actually feeling concern about her and I just couldnt let it slips.

"But madam, Ryujin is still not in her righteous age for the task. Could someone else takes her place?"

The madam looks at me as her smile slowly fades. She is the oldest handmaiden. She has seen many scenarios and has gained experiences that she knew how to act in most situations. She is a great madam to us.

She squeezes my shoulder as she looks at me as she sighs.

"I am afraid, we cant Yeji, dear. This is a personal wish from the king himself and we cant deny it. Ryujin, go to the king's chamber. Other girls, lets go. We have tasks to do."

I watch the raven walks away as we part from each other. Little by little, her figure dissapears from my eyesight and my heart starts to beat so hard. Cold sweats ran around my body as I imagine what could possibly happens in the chamber.

Knowing too well 1001 ways for him to take her probably similar to how he would take me and other handmaidens. I remember the first night I lose myself within his hand. I was scared and lost. It was hurt and immensely contrasting to soft touches and caresses that I felt numb under his touches.

Hating the fact that I have to pretend to like it when I clearly dont and certainly, I dont want her to feel the same. At least not now.

"Yeji, where are you going?"

"To do my task. Bye."

-----------------------------------

Knock! Knock!

Should I feel honored that he orders spesifically for me?

Most likely shouldnt.

"Come in."

I open the huge wooden door of the chamber before closing it back afterwards while my eyes go everywhere around the room except for the big figure sitting on the side of the bed.

I feel so small. Everything in here scream big and luxurious. It is my first time being in here. I am not assigned here in this wing. It is mostly the older girls' job.