An Agreement

Cole rested in his cell clutching his cut arms as the pain pulsed, a reminder of the bear's knife. Even though he had won, he felt guilty for the older man and the young girl that helped him. If it weren't for them he'd likely be dead as well.

But if he were to survive in this hell he'd better brush off the grief and focus on playing his cards right. You can't empathize with anyone who could either stab you in the back or die at any moment. If he were to do so he would leave himself exposed to either the same feelings again or end up dead.

On the other hand, he also had the other option; he could get himself killed right now and end it all. No point in trying to survive if he's going to be a prisoner the rest of his life. Forced to work, to kill, to be a slave would be something he would do, but it was not the life he would put up with.

As Cole continued weighing his options the door to his cell opened with a rather quiet alarm buzzing, signaling him to his new guests.

"If you're here to kill me just hurry it up. Don't want to waste anymore time locked up." Cole said with his back towards the door.

"Not surprised you'd think that after what just happened no-fur, but I'm here for quite the opposite." A feminine voice spoke.

Cole turned around to see a white fox anthro wearing a black uniform with a Red Cross covered face mask. She had a small cart behind her in the hallway along with a guard. The fox approached and took a knee in front of Cole who was still sitting on the cot in the corner of the room.

"Give me your arms and don't make me ask twice." The fox instructed holding out her own hand.

Cole flipped around to face the fox and offered his left arm first, the fox grabbed it and inspected it closely.

"Nothing too bad. Let me see the other."

Cole took back his left arm and offered his right. It burned at the fox's touch as she grabbed a damaged section of his arm, pulling him closer for her to see the injury. He held a wince back as she further inspected his arm, arguably needing stitches but the fox instead just let go of his arm and stood up to leave.

"Here I don't get paid to put these on, but I get yelled at if you don't wear them." She said throwing a small sterile bandage on the floor.

The door closed behind her as the two left the hallway. Cole waited a minute to be sure they left before getting off the bed to retrieve the bandage.

"That's fuckin' rich, at least our guys gave yours pain killers." Cole thought covering his right arm with the stiff material.

Some blood sept through the bandage causing some red discoloration but after a short while the pain in his right arm faded bringing Cole some slight relief. As the pain finally faded away the door opened at the end of the hall once again. Cole didn't bother as he didn't care who would be next to come and see him. What else would they do, drop some food on the floor and expect him to eat it?

"Greetings, soldier." A familiar baritone voice sounded behind him.

The voice sent a chill down his spine, it couldn't be...

"At long last, I finally make an acquaintance with one of the many fleshlings responsible for so much trouble."

Flipping around Cole was met with a white wolf, and not just any white wolf. The white wolf. Cole's eyes went wide as the anthro walked into his cell.

"Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Jonathan Blackburn, CEO of the PMC organiza-... but you already knew that, didn't you?" Blackburn spoke with a twisted grin folding his arms, raising a hand to his chin.