Contact

Two weeks had long passed as both Hector and Noah arrived on the shores of the abandoned world. Since then, neither had talked outside of helping fix mechanical issues, and answering the recurring questions; how the other slept, what they would decide to eat from the supplies they had left, and the like.

Conversation had dulled as spending endless amounts of time eventually led to nothing left to discuss. They talked about what they could have done had they stayed back stateside, and about what they would do after they got home.

Hector wanted nothing big, he planned to return to the Shattered Ace and pick up a job as a bartender. Spending countless hours with the patrons would keep him entertained and maybe he'd get himself a few drinks while he was at it.

Noah did laugh as he believed that all Hector wanted was a place that wouldn't kick him out for having a few stiff drinks. He, on the other hand, wasn't so sure on his decision. He wasn't old enough to really know what he desired, so he chose to stick with Hector until he got a better idea of what options were available.

Around midday the two of them stumbled upon the outskirts of the Bavarian Alps and the two decided to camp out in the abandoned broadcasting facility that damnian had directed them to about a week prior, since then they've heard nothing from their friend.

The place was in complete disarray as overturned desks and computers decorated the floor. Hector got to setting up the sleeping bags on an open patch of floor while Noah snooped around. Military documents could be found left and right all of which said the same thing, 'evacuation'.

Noah guessed that the evacuation order was broadcasted here for the region. Hence the documents and some scattered military grade containers. He was busy reading over the old orders when Hector made his way over to him.

"Hey." He greeted with a wave.

"What do you need, Hec?"

"I want you to go find some working comms equipment. We're gonna see if anybody is still out here."

Noah was skeptical; he knew that any people out there would lay low to avoid trouble, and communication via radio was a death sentence.

"You sure about that? Seems kinda stupid the more you think about it."

Hector pulled out the phone and shook it lightly between two fingers. "I said the same thing but Damian is convinced that not everyone made it out. That someone has to be out here."

Noah held his arms out and backed away slowly. "Alright Hector, I'll go look! Jeez..."

"Thank you Noah. And don't worry about any anthros listening in. Frequency should be encrypted."

"What are you going to do in the meantime?"

Hector removed his backpack from his back and let it slide to the ground. "I'm gonna get nice and comfy and see what we have left food-wise."

"Yeah, sure." Noah responded with an annoyed tone slipping through a subtle smile.

Noah left the room and began making his rounds, peeking in each room briefly. Most rooms he passed were nothing more than offices with the occasional desk. It was after ten minutes of wandering around that he finally stumbled upon what he was looking for.

Opening the door into what he believed to be another office he was met with four radios stacked on a mostly empty table. A territorial map was on the wall behind it presenting the surrounding areas. To the left and right were two medium sized servers and wiring that led into the walls.

"Perfect." Noah approached the table as he readied his own radio. "Hey Hector, I found a few."

"They work?" His voice sounded a little static following through.