WHO ARE YOU?

"Talk? You had me kidnapped!"

Mohr'kad took a deep breath. He had to stay focused! "Can. I. let. go. of. you?" He growled through gritted teeth.

The warrior felt his blood pump through his veins at the smell of her scent and her soft body beneath his. This was a real torture!

Suddenly he felt her relax.

"Fine! You have your way! But don't think you'll get rid of me so quickly!" Wende heard him mutter something unintelligible behind her, but slowly slipped off of her as promised.

Quickly she got up and turned to him, her whole back glowing where he had lain with his big body on hers and a tingling sensation teasing her folds.

She was surprised to see him widen his eyes, inhaling deeply, and taking a big step back.

Angry and embarrassed, Wende crossed her arms and glared at him. "You don't have to be so rude, asshole! I know very well that I don't smell good, that's what you get when you're locked up in this sauna of yours with thick clothing!"

Mohr'kad lowered his head and gave her a predatory look. "If only you stank, being in a room with you would have been a lot easier, woman!" Seeing her puzzled and questioning look, he shook his head and rubbed his eyes.

"Just, sit down... Can I get you a drink?"

Surprised at his strange behaviour, Wende sank into a chair and looked at him suspiciously. "What do you want from me?"

To inhale as little of her delicious scent as possible, Mohr'kad sat down on the other side of the table.

"We had a suspicion that a group of women were in this area, but we could never find you because of all the scramblers posted by ... by others. When my men came across you, it was a great opportunity to find your clan. I'm sorry if they frightened you, but we mean no harm, we just want to work together."

To his surprise, she laughed scornfully and gave him a hard look. "Work together? Don't make me laugh! You exterminated all men, you kidnap women, rape them or use them for your sick experiments and dump the bodies if they don't survive! You raid our clans, destroy all homes, kill the sick and the elderly !! You call that working together?!!"

Her rage was rekindled at the memories, and she felt her hands clench into fists. No... she had to keep calm! Only then she might have a chance to get out of here alive!

The giant's mouth was set in a hard straight line upon hearing her words, and she braced herself to take a furious outburst from his side.

"I understand, hearing this..., you don't trust my people, I wouldn't either, but I promise you that's not my clan's doing. I do know who's behind it, and that's why our clan has settled here. We are looking for those clans who are guilty of this.

But I have a question... How long have you had no contact with other... countries, I mean female clans of other countries?"

His question took Wende by surprise and she looked at him in surprise. How on earth could she have interacted with other countries? All means of communication were destroyed... right?

Mohr'kad saw that she was fighting an inner battle. Given how his kind had treated her clan, it was no wonder she didn't trust him at all. He raised his wrist gauntlet and typed something into it, out of the corner of his eye he saw the woman stiffen and look at him suspiciously. "I just want to show you something..."

To Wende's surprise, a small screen rose from the table. She had read about the old technology from her mother and in books, but other than the lights and aggregators to run the heat pumps, her clan no longer had any technology in use, and even if they had, the knowledge to use it or to fix it was long lost. So seeing his wrist gauntlet and the screen rising from the table made her heart beat faster. This was too weird for words!