STUCK BETWEEN A ROCK...

As the four men were running through the corridors of the female compound, the devastation Latarji's men had caused was clearly visible, and a rage arouse in all of them.

Woman, both young and old lay in pools of blood. But not only were the killed with a cold carelessness, most of them had been raped before the men had finished them off, for that's what they were, finished off... like rabid dogs...

Bile arose in Mohr'kad's throat as his eyes found the dead body of a young female tossed over a table, with her pants down and her throat sliced open from ear to ear.

The sound of gunfire started to get closer and the men, increased their pass in the hopes the would reach the surviving females in time, even though they were fully aware the females wouldn't hesitate to shoot them on the spot, because, just like their attackers, they were Shri men as well.

Screams, explosions and the sound of barrage were now evident from the other side of the corridor and Mohr'kad ordered his men to join him.

Kneeling with his back against the wall, the old warrior was giving his men their own tasks when suddenly a stumbling figure came round the corner.

Instinctively, the first man, in this case Du'gan, grabbed hold of the figure and purposefully worked it toward the ground.

Big frightened eyes looked up at the four men from a bloodied face and the young woman opened her mouth to scream, but the young warrior got ahead of her and closed his great claw over her mouth to stop her screaming . But the woman was unstoppable and, despite her obvious injuries, she tried to wriggle herself out of the Kruger's grasp, but only partially succeeded. Quickly, Du'gan grabbed the woman with an arm around her waist, pressed her squirming and trembling body tightly against his chest, his claw still over her mouth, and quickly dove against the wall.

With a nod of his head, Mohr'kad ordered Kiba to take the vanguard and watch for anyone coming their way, prostrating himself before the frightened woman.

"Calm down girl, we are not the enemy!"

But the woman was so panicked she kept thrashing about, not that Mohr'kad expected otherwise.

To make her listen to him, he gripped her chin tightly, forcing her to look at him. The fear in her eyes was so overwhelming that his stomach turned. He couldn't blame her, not for what he and his men had encountered along the way, but he needed to know what was going on the other side, this would give him just the possibility they needed to surprise attack their opponent.

"Listen! We're here to help! Those men..." And he pointed a finger in the direction the young woman had just come from.

"...are our enemies as well! I need to know where exactly they're hiding, how many of them you think there are, and... I also need to know where and many women there are and what weapons they use..."

He looked at Du'gan and motioned for the boy to remove his hand from her mouth. But to his frustration and disappointment, the woman started screaming at the top of her lungs, even though he knew this could happen...

Quickly he placed his own hand over her mouth and shook his head in disappointment, but deep in his heart he couldn't be angry with her, her eyes clearly showed terror. "Du'gan... Take her to the other side of the hall and set her free. We don't have time for this shit, she'll have to find a way out of this hell on her own..."

Mohr'kad waited for his second-in-command to return, and as the female had been of no use to him, he had no other option than to blindly join the fray, even though that was not something he was looking forward to. Latarji's men may have been less trained compared to his own, but that didn't mean they weren't dangerous, especially as they outnumbered the five of them.

With a final nod to his men, the old warrior loaded his weapon and jumped to his feet to disappear around the corner of the corridor, firing in the direction he suspected his adversaries were lying in hide out.

With guns roaring, the four men fired in the direction where they suspected Latarji's forces were hiding. With one eye on their perceived enemy, they did not forget to also keep an eye on the upturned tables where the women were hiding behind.

They didn't expect that the women would just let them go about their business as if nothing had happened. She hated the men with all her heart, in their eyes all Shri'Traccal men were the same, and despite the way these females had treated them, he couldn't find it in his heart to hate them as well, not after what Wende and Marit had done to them had told.

Their leader, Rane, was the biggest instigator of these women's hatred towards them, not to mention Latarji's actions of course...

In the corner of his eye, far back in the large common room, a dozen females were shooting at Latarji's men when they spotted Mohr'kad and his. Immediately some of them also opened fire on them, until someone stopped them and they turned their weapons back on Latarji's troops.

His eyes fell on the young, dark-haired woman and immediately recognized her as Gunnar's lady. She was the one who made her clanmates refocus and fire at the real enemy instead of them.

Carefully, but steadily, Mohr'kad and Du'gan managed to reach the women's entrenchment, but just before he could jump over the barricade, he saw as if in slow motion how your dark-haired woman was hit in the chest and was knocked backwards by its packers.

He quickly jumped across the table and saw that only a few women were left alive. With a nod, he ordered Du'gan to rally behind the remaining women to provide them with firepower. He himself crawled towards the young woman.

Even though she was badly injured and clearly wouldn't have much time left, she looked at him fearlessly but with a questioning look.

"Why..." A wave of blood rose with those words and she began to cough convulsively, her face contorted in pain.

"...Why are you helping us after all we've done to you?"

As if her head were made of the most precious porcelain, Mohr'kad placed his great claw behind her head and gently placed it on his thigh, causing her to sit up slightly.

"My love is from your clan and told me the reason for your hatred... Not that thit gave you the right to treat us the way your clan did..." He paused as the woman had another fit of coughing.

"Your... lover? Who could that be?" Her breathing became increasingly difficult and the old warrior knew that the young woman would not have much longer.

"Wende... her name is Wende.."

To his surprise, the young woman started laughing, which turned into an uncontrollable fit of coughing.

"Wende! I never thought anyone from my clan would ever find a lover let alone my mother..." Her face turned serious.

"My mother is the sweetest woman in the world, and if, as she said, you really mean no harm... then take good care of her and tell her I love her..." a fit of coughing followed and Mohr Kad could do no more for her than hold her as she died gasping for breath in his arms.

He looked thoughtfully at the pale, blood-spattered face of the dead girl. So this was his eyséah daughter, and a pang of grieve shot through his chest. It would cause Wende great sorrow if he were to tell her about her daughter's death and he sincerely hoped that she would not hold it against him.