ROCKING

Rhan's clan.

"Is everything on board?" With long strides Gh'ara walked toward his sons, with in his wake a red-faced and out of breath Kayla.

"Damn Gh'ara, don't walk so fast!" Surprised, the giant turned, apparently not realizing that someone had come after him.

"What are you doing here, Kayla? The men only go away for a few months, not a few years!"

She walked past her mate with a haughty look. "It's up to me when I see my sons goodbye, mister Ikat! Besides that..., Dakota made me give something to Gunnar."

With a surprised look the tall man looked at the small info disk his mother handed him and a grin appeared on his mouth. "Really?!"

With a frown Gh'ara looked from his lover to his son. "What is that?"

"This, my dear Ikat..." Gunnar held up the gem-like disc into the sunlight. "Is something we'll probably enjoy for the next few months in that damn cold we're being sent to... Let's just say it's going to get our adrenaline pumping on the daily workouts!"

"Don't talk shit boy! What is it?!"

Grinning, Gunnar looked at his father. "A disc full of heavy music that Dakota has put together for us!"

With an irritated gesture, the Ikat closed his eyes, and shook his head disapprovingly. Idiot...

But Kayla gave her son a big wink. "I happen to know that Dakota put on a very appropriate number on it, so I'd advise, when the ship takes off, to play the first number on the list... Your father will love it..." She continued in a whisper, as Gh'ara shook her head towards a complaisant Rhán walked. "...nice and loud..."

With furrowed eyebrows he watched his mother who quickly ran after her mate.

"GET ABOARD GENTLEMEN!! DU'GAN! GET YOUR TONGUE OUT OF HER MOUTH, WE'RE LEAVING!!"

His brother came running towards him with a devilish grin. "Ahh, don't whine, little bro! Can I help it, that the ladies think my face is a bit more attractive than your ugly mug?"

Laughing, he dodged away when his younger brother tried to punch him in the head. "EYHH! I'm just being honest!"

Gunnar looked after his brother with an annoyed look. It was no secret that Du'gan was well liked by the ladies, after all, he looked the most human of them both, and since the most of the women were human and a lot of hybrid girls looked human as well, ...well...

"HEY, hurry up!" With a swift movement, he grabbed the large bag, swung it over his shoulder, and strode toward the flying ship. He threw the bag on top of the other bags and closed the tailgate. Before he took his place in the doorway, he first walked forward to ask the pilot something.

With a devilish grin he took his seat and gave his mother a wink, something that did not escape Gh'ara and with suspicious eyes he looked from his son to his wife.

As the ship slowly ascended, a strange German tune started playing, which turned into loud metal song within seconds.

The ship began to shake on all sides as the men, sitting in the cargo hold of the ship, began to heave and roar along to the all-too-familiar song, Dicke Titten.

With a triumphant grin, Gunnar looked at his parents and saw how his mother collapsed with laughter, even his father showed a small grin, although the Ikat tried hard not to show it.

The Tároc had his bulging arms folded over his chest and watched the young men leave. Though he shook his head, a broad smile graced his face.

This new breed of warriors was so different from what he and his forebears had been, these fellows, though tough and strong, were less hierarchical. Ohh, they had respect for those above them, but that was all. These guys often pushed the boundaries, didn't shy away from a challenge and thought that respect should be earned through battles and fights.

While the young men's behaviour posed a challenge to the older warriors, it was also a relief to see that most of the old gang, barring a few of course, found their way with these youngsters.

But fate hadn't been kind to Rhán and Robin, for although they would have liked to have children, unfortunately they never had any... Robin found a way dealing with the pain by pouring all her love into creating and training a new pack of dogs, she lovingly called her kids.

Rhán was able to unleash his paternal instincts on Gh'ara's two sons at times, something he loved doing, especially as the two boys got older and Gh'ara treated his sons more like a threat, rather than his sons.

Neither Gh'ara nor Rhán ever spoke of this, but deep down Rhán suspected that his Ikat was content with the fatherly help his half-brother gave to his sons, as he himself was incapable of this.

With a big smile Rhán looked after the flying ship, in which his two cousins were, they had become two nice guys, especially his relationship with Gunnar was more than good.

Du'gan was almost a spitting image of his father, at least the inside, and Rhán could only hope that if the lad ever had a young of his own, he would be a better father.

He didn't worry about the other man, for even though Gunnar had become a ruthless and tough warrior, he had a warm, kind, and cheerful personality, just like his mother Kayla, the Tároc thought to himself.

Back on the ship.

"What do they expect us to accomplish there anyway? I mean, most of the guys out there are some old, tough as nails, well-trained warriors, what can we add?" Ehr'oc, one of the young warriors looked from Gunnar to Du'gan.

Du'gan looked at his brother and back at the young lad, although this was still quite a boy, he was a curious, stubborn, tough fellow, a welcome addition to the group if he learned to listen. "You hit the nail on the heady, lad. The men who are there, are indeed tough as nails, so don't be a fool and don't go looking for a fight with them, because that will definitely end up very badly for you... Do I make myself clear? And the rest..., well for the time being, This is all you have to know..." With his arms folded, Du'gan leaned back and looked at the lad defiantly.

Fortunately for the young warrior, unfortunately for Du'gan, Ehr'oc wisely kept his mouth shut. Du'gan was secretly waiting for one of the youngsters to try and see how far he could go with these two new commanding officers, but his reputation was probably already known to the young recruits as they all kept quiet. At least for now..

With a smirk on his face, Gunnar leaned toward his brother. "That's too bad! But don't worry bro, once we get there and they get bored you'll probably have plenty of opportunities to vent your frustrations on them..."

With an equally large grin, Du'gan looked at his brother from the corner of his eye. "If not, I'll just use you as a punching bag!"

The journey to the North Cape was long and uneventful, even though she made a short stopover to stock up on supplies and extra provisions at one of the small settlements along the coast. For though the Shri'Traccal men might not like the cold, women did live there, and well, as there was a shortage of women in the warmer regions, the men naturally had to look for it in the higher regions, in this case, in the colder northern areas.