WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE?

"What are you doing?"

A yelp escaped her when she heard the soft, whispering voice behind her.

"SSHHHT! Be quiet Marit! I don't need anybody seeing me snooping around in the storage room!"

With sweat on her brow and heart beating, Wende turned back to the scaffolding where all the tools lay. How the hell was she supposed to know what a wire cutter was?! There were at least a hundred thousand different large and small tongs in the wooden box!

The realization that Marit could have sneaked up on her made her even more nervous and her hands started to shake from the tension. Ooohhh!!! If only she had paid more attention in technical lessons!

Marit's warm breath slid suddenly down her cheek as the young woman leaned over her, her long, straight blond hair tickling her ears.

"What are you looking for, girlfriend?" Marit looked at her with a mischievous grin on her lips.

A nervous tickle of laughter escaped Wende at the mischievous expression of the young woman's gaze and she rolled her eyes. "I need a pair of wire cutters, but I have no idea what these things look like!!"

With a gentle nudge of her hip, the blond woman shoved her aside and started to dig purposefully through the many types of pliers.

"...a pair of wire cutters, huh..., the lady needs a pair of wire cutters...or are those pliers perhaps intended for someone else... maybe... I don't know.... a tall, scaly and muscular Shri'Traccal man perhaps... I wonder?"

Hearing Marit's so-called train of thought, she felt how her cheeks started to burn. Quickly she looked around to make sure no one saw or could hear them.

"Shut up, dumm-ass!" She scolded Marit.

Marit made no effort to turn to her, but began to chuckle softly. "I'm getting more and more curious about those men in the cell block now.

I've heard several women giggle softly, and one of them in particular. He seems quite human looking."

She turned her face slightly towards Wende and looked mischievously at the older woman from the corner of her eye. "You've met these guys... is that one really as human as they say? And if so, can't you fix me a date?"

A surprised chuckle escaped Wende when she heard Marit's words and she looked at her friend in surprise.

"If you're so curious about those Shri'Traccal men, why didn't you give them up yourself?"

Marit turned around with a jerk and looked at Wende with wide surprised eyes.

"I'm curious about them, but I don't want to mate with them! I wouldn't know what to do with a guy, I skipped that whole biology chapter!"

With furrowed brows, Wende looked at the young woman in astonishment. "Why?"

The girl just shrugged and turned back to the box with tools. "I don't know.... Maybe because I didn't think it would matter, it wasn't as if there were a lot of men walking around here. So why know anything when its not ever going to happen."

Surprised, Wende stared at the blond hair at back of her friend's head. Marit had been quite young at the time when her mother had left their clan for a while to live elsewhere. Their return seven years later had been very unexpected to say the least, but the worst part was that Marit's mother, Ella, had passed away quite soon after.

Wende had then taken the young female under her wing, Marit was then about eighteen years old at the time, and this deep friendship had developed from this. In Marit she had found a second daughter, who resembled herself in many ways, very different from Ava, who was more like her grandmother in character.