RIDING A BEAST

A strange warm feeling bubbled up in her chest. Unable to speak, Wende placed the palm of her hand against his cheek, she then leaned forward to untie one of his massive wrists.

Somewhere in the back of her head a small voice told her it could very well be that he was just playing her with nice words, and as she was untying the knots of the rope, an oppressive hand grabbed her the throat. Did he play her? Was she really that naive? She wanted so much to believe that he shared her feelings...

When she finally undid the last button, she waited a few seconds, curious and anxious at the same time.

Unbeknownst to her, the old warrior had long since realized that she doubted his sincere words, and he couldn't blame her. For years she had heard nothing but that the Shri'Traccal were their enemies, murderers, rapists...

So when he felt the rope slide off his wrist, he calmly waited for her to sit up on her own.

Once upright, Wende looked at him with a waiting look in her eyes.

Slowly Mohr'kad lowered his arm down to level with her upper leg, gently and carefully cupping her hip with his massive claw.

"I will never hurt you, eyséah... never... What you've been told about us is partly true.

When you were in our compound, I showed you images of Shri'Traccal clans who had joined with female clans and successfully merged together, this is something that happened all over the world in the last... well, twenty to thirty years.

And, yes, there are clans that don't treat women right, but this also applies the other way around. There are also female clans who will stop at nothing to kill as many Shri'Traccal men as possible, these women really hate us...

I hope in time you're going to trust me Wende, I don't play games, never did and I definitely don't play games with you."

Some of the heavy weight that had been on her shoulders was lifted by his words, and she placed her hand on his cheek again.

"I'm doing my best to trust you...otherwise I wouldn't be here right now... So.. now what?"

"Now.., we're going to do what you came her for in the first place..." Carefully Mohr'kad ran his large hand upwards across her side, until he reached one of her soft breasts.

A shiver of excitement combined with a splinter of fear ran down her spine and she gasped. Even though Wende had read about it in the old novels in her clan's book collection, to feel the touch of a man's hand like this for yourself was quite a different experience.

Wende had never shared this kind of intimacy with Ava's father, with that man it had been something... mechanical, she had dreaded it and the whole act had been so terribly disappointing.

It had been quite painful, and she'd found the whole 'ordeal' nothing more than disgusting, ...no..., she'd found him disgusting! The man, Abe, had been in his fifties, with short, flaxen blond hair, his body was scrawny, and he'd taken her as if she were a piece of furniture, with no feeling what so ever... Wende couldn't even blame him for it. She'd known the man for basically all her live, and she'd always found him an incredible creep, just as he saw her as a nasty bitch.

But now here sitting on top of a gigantic alien, because that's what Mohr'kad after all was..., everything was different, Mohr'kad smelled different, felt different, he just was different...

Wende's eyes roamed his face, memorizing every groove, every scar, the places where his skin had large burns scars, his green eyes with the vertical pupil, and the two terrifying horns that sprouted on either side of his face. The hand that had initially rested on his cheek seemed to take on a life of its own, and she ran her fingertips over his face.