PISSING OFF A WOMAN

"YOU! YOU AND YOU!" With the pointed claw of his index finger, Reh'tec pointed to three of his commanders he had chosen to come to the aid of Mohr'kad and his own.

Thank all fates, that his fellow Tároc Rhan had agreed to send back-up troops his way to track down Latarji, the foul roh'kadi. They did have an inkling where some of the other traitors might be, but as long as that dirty traitor was still around there would always be a threat. Once he was eliminated, the others would no longer be a big problem, at least that was what they assumed. Latarji was the nastiest, opponent they could have, the man had no sense of honour, frankly the man had no sense at all. Reh'tec had heard through word of mouth what had happened to Rhan's wife, something that still sent shivers rolling down his spine whenever he thought about it. Disgusting it had been, just plain disgusting!

The men he had assigned stood quietly waiting for the Tároc to turn his attention back to them and Reh'tec shook his head to banish the unpleasant thoughts from his mind. Mohr'kad and his men had priority now, he had to stay focused! "Roh'kas... Are you and your men ready?"

His commander nodded. "Yes Tároc. I'm just waiting for the coordinates and then we're good to go."

Reh'tec shifted his attention to the warrior standing next to it. "And you Lagraja? Are your men ready to go?"

The little warrior slapped himself on the chest. The man might not be that big, but he was as tough as nails, lightning fast and deadly, a great combination according to Mohr'kad, something Reh'tec could only agree with.

"Definitely Tároc! As Roh'kas said, now it's just waiting for the coordinates and we're off!"

"Good!" The Tároc nodded in satisfaction.

"And how are your men doing, Koba?"

The last of the three men gave him a broad grin. "My brother has outdone himself once again Tároc! He has put some new features in the drones that only require me to enter a few details and they can fly without being bothered by Latarji's scramblers. Not that we can cover kilometres, but within a radius of just under a kilometre, I'm told they have to work just fine. This probably gives us just a slight advantage!"

Reh'tec returned the man's grin. "Remind me to give Mi'ral a little credit for this. If, as you say, despite the scramblers, the drones at least work within a kilometre radius, we can defend our borders even better!"

The Tároc let his gaze glide over the three commanders for a moment more.

"Very well then... I am now walking to Hakal to hear how things are going. If I don't see you again, I wish you a good hunt and bring my Ikat back to me alive.... I have a female here waiting for him!"

The men started to snicker, they'd already heard about the two small human females who had arrived at their fort, one of whom had escaped the Ikat just under a week ago.

Quickly Reh'tec made his way through the small and crowded corridors of his fortress, hoping Hakal had finished his search for the females' camp.

Upon entering, he just saw the mute warrior raise his thumb to one of the two females while pulling one of the computer screens his way.

The two females hugged each other with delighted faces, which reinforced Tároc's suspicion that the silent warrior had found the clans' location.

"Can I conclude that your mission was successful?"

With excited faces, both women turned to face the Tároc.

"Yes, Hakal has succeeded in locating our clan!" The elated twinkle in the little blonde woman's eyes brought a smile to Reh'tec's mouth.

"When do we leave?"

Surprised, Reh'tec looked at the woman. "What do you mean? Hakal has just sent the three rescue squats a message with the location, right?"

Wende nodded. "Yeah he did, but I'm not ready! I can hardly come along like this, can I?" and pointed at her clothes with her hands.

The Tároc shook his head incredulously. "You're not going anywhere Wende. The three teams sent out to support Mohr'kad can manage just fine without you..."

Completely flabbergasted by his words, the little woman looked at him with her mouth open.

"Come, I'll take you both to your quarters so you can freshen up and possibly get some rest. As soon as it is time to eat I will send for you..."  But before he could finish his sentence, Wende stormed towards him, intending to march out of the control room. Just before she could run past him, Reh'tec grabbed her by her upper arm to make her stop.

"LET ME GO ASHOLE! YOU DON'T DECIDE WHETHER I GO OR NOT!!!" With a furious face, Wende turned to face the giant crocodile-like warrior.

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!"

With one of his thick eyebrows raised high, Reh'tec looked at the little blonde hothead impassively. "You're not going anywhere..."

His gaze slid up to Hakal and almost imperceptibly signalled him. One of Hakal's large claws grabbed Marit firmly by her shoulder, who looked back startled at the tall warrior.

"The battlefield is no place for women, you stay here for your own safety. Besides..." he continued upon seeing the fury in Wende's eyes.

"... if anything would happen to you I have no doubt that Mohr'kad would demand my head, and I couldn't blame him! In other words, be as angry with me as you want, I'd rather have your anger than Mohr'kad's claws around my neck...

Hakal!"

Reh'tec turned to the silent warrior again. "You will escort Marit to one of the guest quarters on the east side..."

Without turning his head, he looked out of the corner of his eye at one of the men behind the control panel. "...And Idr'ais, you take this little hothead to one of the cells on the west side..."

Wende almost choked with anger at hearing the man's words. "WHAT?! Why am I being taken to a cell?"

Tároc's eyes slid back to the woman he was still holding tightly and squeezed his eyes to slits. "Because, little bugger, you have already escaped us once and it won't happen us a second time. You are far too cunning for your own safety, lady!"

Grinning, he watched as his desperate warrior was trying hard to restrain a fiercely resisting Wende, only to throw her over his shoulder at long last, only to carry her to the cell this way.

When the two men had finally disappeared from sight, the grin disappeared from his face. Although Rhan was going to lend a group of men to him, he had a nasty hunch about everything that had happened in the past week. A storm was coming and this storm had nothing to do with the weather